Rita Longlegs

Painting animals causing timeout

Got this awesome idea of an arctic coloring on my bear, with some fantasy tones to it. So, i zip over to the bear with a paintbrush, and go crazy, after which i save the paint and pull it into the ARKPnt to be able to do somee work in photoshop.
Make my picture, refire ARKPnt, save the file correctly and load the amazing artwork up into ATLAS.
Put a brush in mah hand, speed over to my bear with my inventory full of freshly made paints, and starting to apply this wonderfull skin i made.
2-3 paints gets applied and whammo, i get offlined with a timed out connection.....

Any suggestions to get this done, or is this a massive mem leak that has yet to be looked into ? 

Edit:
There only 3 colors, mainly white, some silver, and some sky coloring.
The image HAS been tried with optimization for ATLAS, Ark, and no optimization at all :S

Edited by Rita Longlegs

Dunno if this helps, but whenever a corp mate paints the sails on our brigs the whole server seems to lag.

Sadly I don't believe there is a fix.  ATLAS has an issue where it tries to apply too much of the paints to quickly for both players and tames, ending in a "time-out" disconnect.

This is also a bug with Tattoos as well, if you "draw" the image/graphic manually it'll be fine.  But save that same paint/tattoo and try to load it later, and it may cause consistent crashing.

Ya, every brush stroke is communicated immediately.. people see you painting in real time, its cool but they need to improve the coding of it

I get a time out if I apply a template.  Hangs up every time.  I like to paint my polar zone bears white which looks pretty neat but have to do it one at a time from scratch as the templets not working.