Sign in to follow this  
Torch

Forcing custom servers is just stupid.

Spent the last month with about 10 guys building a solid fort, setting up defenses, stock piling supplies, taming animals, and building ships. While we are all off line, after a month, we are completely wiped out. All resources taken, all tames taken, all ships destroyed. Now I'm leaving the game because I really don't want to do this each month and my only other choice is to go to a custom server which is no fun because there are not enough people to make it remotely interesting or fun.

What's the point of building a company when you can't ever defend it? If we are all NA players then we never have an opportunity to defend what we've built. We just build it so someone else can take it while we sleep during another time zone.

I don't mind losing battles, and losing resources and having to take 2 or 3 steps back after losing a fight. I just want a chance to defend it. Or, if I want to try and overrun someone else, to have to fight for it and risk losing than just wait for them to go to sleep.

Devs are retarded on this issue so I'm moving on. Hopefully someone will develop a great pirate/sailing game that has some damn sense.

THIS IS EA.... they not making another server for those crappy lil box box kids yet... Just do what any red blooded American should be doing... stock up on oil bombs go to their huge box box infested islands.... and sink every single unguarded ship... you could spend weeks going to box box zones... most of them don't even pin code their lockers.... their entire playstyle is disgusting.

• Like 1

This game rewards impulsive behavior and offline raiding is considered PVP to some.  The time spent building defense far exceeds the time it takes to nullify it.

Edited by chuck3rd

That must have been a serious invasion to defeat all of your defenses, after a month of building up, you must have had dozens of puckle guns and swivels and balistas set up for tames only, defending your base from multiple angles, they would have had to come in with some serious firepower to get inside of your base, this was no ordinary smash and grab raid then.

Wait, what am I saying, you probably didnt have that much and maybe only had double wall, they were able to easily bring up one cannon bear, and blow into your base with ease.

29 minutes ago, chuck3rd said:

This game rewards impulsive behavior and offline raiding is considered PVP to some.  The time spent building far exceeds the time it takes to set up a proper defense assuming it would have any effect.   

Honestly one of the primary reasons people offline raid, is the fact that if you online raid, people popcorn everything when they are about to lose, if you raid them while they are online.

Edited by Evir

I have seen that.  I played mmo’s going all the way back to Asheron’s call and this game blows me away with its bad design in so far as a mmo is concerned.  The game will require a complete restructuring.