SixxGunZ

Help Hosting Servers on Multiple Machines

Currently I have 2 dedicated servers hosting a 5x5, half one one machine, the rest on the second.

How do I connect the grid to the other properly?

Do i need Redis running on both servers?  If so, Do i need to run one as a slave and and one as master? how would I do this?

Thanks for any responses in advance 🙂

Edited by SixxGunZ

I'd say you currently are hosting nothing ... ^^

1 redis for both, 1 needs to point to the other servers IP for the redis entries, in the json.

I'm not sure how it works with the home server needed, easiest is just to experiment with a 5x5 empty map and fly around on an admin account crossing server boundaries I guess.

On 2/6/2019 at 5:01 PM, SixxGunZ said:

figured it out.

Informative reply.

Back to searching for this very answer I go.

16 hours ago, KlousGT said:

Figured it out?    Well what did you figure out? 

Exactly what I was thinking.

@Dofolo 1 redis for both, 1 needs to point to the other servers IP for the redis entries, in the json.

Gonna try this. ^^

However I don't think it work when I have the files on a network drive as the json's will be pulling essentially from the same machine.
Not a big deal to copy them to this second machine.
120gb of ram for the server coming soon.
Should be able to run 50 or so vm's to run a good portion of the whole map if this works out.
Just need to sort out what files need to be on each "computer" and what to change to link them to the master server (server with REDIS running)

Edited by I_Died_Tryin
Added possible answer and added information.

On 2/7/2019 at 9:14 AM, KlousGT said:

Figured it out?    Well what did you figure out? 

both of my server locations - 1 hosting 10 servers, and the other hosting the other 15 servers to create the 5x5 were not using the same server grid.  The IP's were changed in one of the files to the previous machine we used.  Hence i figured it out.   Just make sure your servers are using the same server grid file and redis config.

On 2/8/2019 at 3:05 AM, I_Died_Tryin said:

Informative reply.

Back to searching for this very answer I go.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Gonna try this. ^^

However I don't think it work when I have the files on a network drive as the json's will be pulling essentially from the same machine.
Not a big deal to copy them to this second machine.
120gb of ram for the server coming soon.
Should be able to run 50 or so vm's to run a good portion of the whole map if this works out.
Just need to sort out what files need to be on each "computer" and what to change to link them to the master server (server with REDIS running)

I am currently hosting a 5x5 on a server (4 blades, so...4 separate machines technically). The way this is possible depends on your configuration. For instance, on my server, i have node 1 hosting redis, the other 3 servers connect to redis via the internal IP. The main things to make sure you have in order are ports....that is the bread and butter of hosting atlas. Make sure you make a spreadsheet and map out what you plan to use. Each "shard" has to have the same servergrid files. 

If you are not running the grid locally then you'll need to connect to redis via public IP.

Edited by SNK

On 2/9/2019 at 10:31 AM, SNK said:

I am currently hosting a 5x5 on a server (4 blades, so...4 separate machines technically). The way this is possible depends on your configuration. For instance, on my server, i have node 1 hosting redis, the other 3 servers connect to redis via the internal IP. The main things to make sure you have in order are ports....that is the bread and butter of hosting atlas. Make sure you make a spreadsheet and map out what you plan to use. Each "shard" has to have the same servergrid files. 

If you are not running the grid locally then you'll need to connect to redis via public IP.

As @SNK says but for me i have 15x15 setup and each grid has the json files and every config for each server is the same as the 1 before and the 1 after. I have my grids over a few servers in my datacenter. As for Redis this does not need to be hosted on another server or VPS. It can still be on the same box if you like. The files for the database is not in the atlas folder its (on C Drive/or another drive.) but the server hosting the Redis will need to have a public IP in order for any server hosted elsewhere to pull from the database. The servergrid json needs to have that IP and port set there for all files. With that setup you cant go wrong. Proven 15x15 on different Racks!