Sign in to follow this  
CamsterAu

Artificial anchor zone?

Has anyone tried to create an artificial anchor platform? As in building a layer of ceilings beneath the water supported by pillars? Obviously deep enough that a ship won't hit then, but shallow enough to mimic anchor height.

I have a rather extreme drop off on my section of land, in fact it's impossible to place a shipyard it's so shear. It makes anchoring more than a few ships very difficult 

i dont think its possible but it damn well should be!

and i hate steep cliffs that dont let u build ship yards on. i had to move to a new island because of that

6 hours ago, CamsterAu said:

Has anyone tried to create an artificial anchor platform? As in building a layer of ceilings beneath the water supported by pillars? Obviously deep enough that a ship won't hit then, but shallow enough to mimic anchor height.

I have a rather extreme drop off on my section of land, in fact it's impossible to place a shipyard it's so shear. It makes anchoring more than a few ships very difficult 

Have not tried and suspect it won’t work but it’s certainly worth a shot to test at any rate. It is true that their map design with regard to water depth for a game supposedly focused on building and sailing ships leaves something to be desired imo.

Interesting, if nobody else tests I may do too. Anchors do attach to rocks down below that you cant build on because they are technically structures.

The extreme drop off on a lot of beach lines is very unfriendly. And it certainly wont be fixed due to the issues it would cause.

Another thing you may have to worry about is dragged cyclones. The further out the higher chance to be randomly hit on your anchored ships. (They really need to cancel cyclone damage on anchored ships).

1 minute ago, EvilNecroid said:

i was told those tornados dont damage anchored ships but do kill ur crew. never tested that tho

They kill your ships, never do any damage to tames or crew. Anchored or not.

1 minute ago, Shintai said:

They kill your ships, never do any damage to tames or crew. Anchored or not.

so i was told the reverse lol ok

I have already tested building a platform to anchor to and it did not work I still could not anchor but I have seen other ships the same size anchor out further then i could