Sign in to follow this  
Talono

ATLAS is no fun in the current state

I would love to build a big strong pirate fortress to store my treasure..... not possible as it is one shot like paper from every passing single troll

I would love to have a fleet of warships like in EVE and fight other players on the open sea..... not possible, as even a raft is immediatelly sunk or stolen 1 hour after crafting it latest

I would love to master challenges solo, Kraken, Fountain ofYouth, Powerstones, upcoming new quests...... not possible as you need a megatribe to fight all these one hitting light speed level 6987 cyclopses.

Any new patch announcements does absolutely NOTHING about the broken balance and mechanics (stone nerf, fountain trash, easy ship sinking).

Devs want players to keep ships as mobile bases ? This would be a dream, like in Subnautica. Unfortunately not possible in the current sink-galleon-with-4-oil-jars scenario.

It is such a pitty, i love graphics and ship models and the big map to explore. Such a waste of time and efforts,

Edited by Talono
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Talono said:

I would love to master challenges solo, Kraken, Fountain ofYouth, Powerstones

rly? FoY is one thing, because it's forced down your throat with the debuff. But really, Kraken?!

• Like 1

I've seen people talking about FoY being hard and tbh I don't know if there's a difference between FoY on PvP and PvE, but I doubt it besides the fact other players can kill you.

I got my raft the other week, went over to M12, found a parking spot on the south side to anchor my raft. Fast travelled back to base, then at 9pm (when it was expected to be there) I fast travelled back to the raft. Ran straight to the entrance, skipping past 2 cyclops and a wolf. Made it into the cave entrance where there was a bit of a squeeze with people on the floor. Made it through to the FoY, which wasn't there.

There were about 10 of us all there laying around on the ground waiting for the FoY, with multiple bats either flying at the wall, or flying around hitting the odd person. The FoY didn't appear until 10pm, so over the course of that hour I died twice due to bats hitting me in the FoY area. The rest of that hour I spent laying on the ground on top of the FoY location.

It was much easier than I ever anticipated. I'm pretty sure PvP should be the same besides players attacking players.

I find it confusing as to how people struggle with FoY in its current state.

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood

41 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I've seen people talking about FoY being hard and tbh I don't know if there's a difference between FoY on PvP and PvE, but I doubt it besides the fact other players can kill you.

I got my raft the other week, went over to M12, found a parking spot on the south side to anchor my raft. Fast travelled back to base, then at 9pm (when it was expected to be there) I fast travelled back to the raft. Ran straight to the entrance, skipping past 2 cyclops and a wolf. Made it into the cave entrance where there was a bit of a squeeze with people on the floor. Made it through to the FoY, which wasn't there.

There were about 10 of us all there laying around on the ground waiting for the FoY, with multiple bats either flying at the wall, or flying around hitting the odd person. The FoY didn't appear until 10pm, so over the course of that hour I died twice due to bats hitting me in the FoY area. The rest of that hour I spent laying on the ground on top of the FoY location.

It was much easier than I ever anticipated. I'm pretty sure PvP should be the same besides players attacking players.

I find it confusing as to how people struggle with FoY in its current state.

FoY isn't hard at all.  It's the lagfest that they induce that is the problem.

19 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

FoY isn't hard at all.  It's the lagfest that they induce that is the problem.

Based on my PvE experience, PvP may be different, but the lagfest is not so much of a lagfest now as many have already reached the FoY. I had no lag on mine at all, the main issue on mine was trying to get past all the prone players in the cave.

4 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Based on my PvE experience, PvP may be different, but the lagfest is not so much of a lagfest now as many have already reached the FoY. I had no lag on mine at all, the main issue on mine was trying to get past all the prone players in the cave.

Nice,  I'm on PvE as well.  The lag may get resolved when many of the boats are gone but the last time I went to a FoY location was doing a powerstone.  We killed the hydra and then zerg rushed the powerstone pedestal.  Lag/Frame drop was a huge pain during that process, to the point we had tigers/fire elementals popping up having already killed things as they spawned in. 

48 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

Nice,  I'm on PvE as well.  The lag may get resolved when many of the boats are gone but the last time I went to a FoY location was doing a powerstone.  We killed the hydra and then zerg rushed the powerstone pedestal.  Lag/Frame drop was a huge pain during that process, to the point we had tigers/fire elementals popping up having already killed things as they spawned in. 

Ah yeah well the FoY is simply run in and make it to the end of the cave, whereas powerstones yeah you got the added challenge of killing stuff too with possible lag.

The boat thing will hopefully ease up the lag a bit when it is implemented. Depends on how many of those that have parked ships are still active. Some will disappear for sure.