Sign in to follow this  

Solo Galleon Demoed in PVE ... WTF?

was a 100% fully completed Galleon built over 3 weeks by a solo player on EU PVE,, full of cannons , ammunition etc..  the only thing missing was the crew as i couldnt afford it yet.  logged on at 6:00 pm gmt all was fine, went off to a treasure hunt ,  3 hours later i go back , most plancks , decks , sails are missing  + the remaining all damaged over 50%. ..  

as per stated in Patch note 7.33 : "- Army of the Damned Ships will no longer initially aggro to drydocked or anchored ships, unless fired upon by them or already targeting them." 

this should not have had happened, i havent had ladders hanging on the side either .  the log only states that things were destroyed, not by what .. i highly doubt it was an apha rabbit that was lurknig around the bay ... 

the picture below shows whats left of it...  thats PVE in atlas for ya...

im not even looking for an explanation  , one less player on a dying EA game.  

so long fkrs

20190130002655_1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, 987962 said:

so long fkrs

You had my sympathy till this point.

One less toxic player imo.  Good riddens.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

To be fair, it's an easy fix to stop SotD from being used as grief cannons. And I'd be pissed enough to perhaps overreact a bit while trying to vent on the forums. 

I accidentally aggro'd a fire elemental and fell off a cliff into the armada of ships camped at Golden Age ruins.  I panicked as I thought I was going to accidentally sink the ships I was stuck on, but the fire balls hitting the ships were doing no damage. 

That tells me, the land mobs will only damaged what they are directly aggro'd on and won't damage player structures that are simply in the way. If the same was applied to SotD, it would end this bullshit griefing tactic. 

It always sucks to lose something, More so when it wasn't any fault of your own. But just like Ark, You can't get attached to things or expect them to work or always be there. Hell I log in each day wondering if my toon is still there or deleted for some random reason.

Also, I'm very confused how it took you 3 weeks to build a Gally? I built one by myself over the 2x weekend in 3 days, complete with 20 cannons, and other needed items. But I did put in 16 hour days to do so. Still, even casually, 3 weeks?

You should definitely come back in a year or two and see how things are. If I learned anything from Ark, The game only get's stupidly easier as time goes on. I went from 8 hour berry bronto tames for a level 19 a week after EA launch of Ark, to having kibble taming a level 150 in like a half hour lol.

4 hours ago, Dorf said:

You had my sympathy till this point.

One less toxic player imo.  Good riddens.

Toxic Player? wtf  do you you know about me?

typical funboi response.

toxic is your mentality son, im glad i 'll never see you again

• Like 1