Sign in to follow this  
Eotech

Mega Clans

Mega tribes seem to be spawning at an alarming rate. Further, on EU, nearly every mega tribe has now allied with each other.  This causes grieving issues and unbalanced game play.  The alliance system in this game is a great concept. For the most part, it seems to work well except in the above instance.

Whats the solution? That’s easy. A company can ONLY have 500 members / allies period. If you have 250 company members, then you can only ally with 250 other members period.  Companies can still work together outside of their alliances; however, they’ll need to be careful during combat and building.

Company should be 100 max with 5 allies max. not 1000 + 10 alliances.

Basically they can hit you but you can never afford to hit them back.

There is no easy fix for the mega problem. But surely they will fight eachother.. once they consume all the smaller companies.

There needs to be some mechanics in place to encourage them to go and fight other megas. Like some kind of a rare world boss that spawns randomly and drops loot to just one person (super-galleon blueprints or whatever, just not something like permadragon please).

16 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

Company should be 100 max with 5 allies max. not 1000 + 10 alliances.

Basically they can hit you but you can never afford to hit them back.

Wont work.

I have seen something like this before in another game.. and you had outside the game agreements happen.  

I say this all the time.....

"The army of one is great till the army of two or more show up"  So to sum it up, get big son.

1 hour ago, Hodo said:

Wont work.

I have seen something like this before in another game.. and you had outside the game agreements happen.  

I say this all the time.....

"The army of one is great till the army of two or more show up"  So to sum it up, get big son.

No but it might slow some of the resource stocking down. Never used to be a problem i guess all the kiddies like to play with the big boys.

You can do a lot of damage to a mega being a small guild. Look at us, we have been fighting CSTG almost since day one. They have failed to remove us from the tile and we have cost them dearly in their ship losses to the point they want us to cease fire.  Its all about being Tenacious and accepting the fact that what ever your build is expendable.  Cost them more by fighting with less.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

No but it might slow some of the resource stocking down. Never used to be a problem i guess all the kiddies like to play with the big boys.

It wont even slow down a big group.  I have watched groups like the Goonswarm go to other games with limits on guild population, and they formed a dozen guilds and just didnt attack each other.  They didnt slow down ONE bit.   

2 hours ago, Strider said:

You can do a lot of damage to a mega being a small guild. Look at us, we have been fighting CSTG almost since day one. They have failed to remove us from the tile and we have cost them dearly in their ship losses to the point they want us to cease fire.  Its all about being Tenacious and accepting the fact that what ever your build is expendable.  Cost them more by fighting with less.

I can say you sir are an inspiration to the other small companies out there.  Keep up the good fight!