Mansler

Looking for an "Impartial" opinion from the community...

Poll on some hot topic issues for the official servers 1/29/19 (Mega Tribes, Land Claims, Stone Wall Building Requirements/Durability)...  

5 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. How do you feel about the current company member limits, which are enabling "mega tribes"?

• I feel like it should be decreased by 50% or more
    • I feel like it should be decreased by about 25%
    • I feel like it is perfectly fine
    • I feel like it needs to be increased by about 25%
    • I feel like it should be increased by 50% or more
  2. 2. How do you feel about the current lack of limits on the number of land claims either any individual or company can claim?

• It should be stricly limited to 2 or less claims, per player
    • It should be highly limited to 5 or less claims, per player
    • It should be moderately to 10 or less claims, per player
    • It should be slightly limited to 25 or less claims, per player
    • It should be a specific limit for a company, or an unaffiliated player, tbd limit
    • It's perfectly fine as it is
  3. 3. How do you feel about the current Stone Structure Building Requirements? (Following the initial 55% reduction in metal requirements, and 25% reduction in organic paste)

• I feel like the additional requirements should be removed completely
    • I feel like the organic paste should be the only requirement removed
    • I feel like the metal should be the only requirement removed
    • I feel like the Organic Paste should be replaced by a new material, that requires some grinding, but removes most of the likely travel requirements
    • I feel like it is perfectly fine as it is, now
    • I feel like it shouldn't have been reduced
    • I feel like it should be more than it was before

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/01/2019 at 04:55 AM

So, I am not going to lie, I am not feeling like the Devs are really listening to the community. Because it is common for people to project their opinions, onto society, I was hoping people would give their honest feedback on a few currently hot topic issues, to see which it is.

Edited by Mansler

As for the poll here are my more detailed answers.

1.) Companies should not be allowed to be more than say 20 + 10 per land claim or something like this. 

2.) Land claims should be "unlimited" with the exception that Each flag should:

1. Require materials to build.
  2. Require materials and gold (or an NPC Guard/Handyman) to maintain.
  3. Allow for a resource chest to be used to maintain all buildings in the influence area.
  4. Not protect against decay, a resource chest with materials is required to repair damage.

3.) I would personally like to see stone things take bricks and mortar to make, mortar should be made with paste, the assembly of a wall could use a trowel which is a metal tool available in the advanced building skill.  Otherwise it should be Stone and mortar, no metal.

1. The limit for company size should be at max. by 150, for more they can have allies!
  2. A company should have initial 3 flags (Main Base) and expand only by 2 per member
    per grid to still make it possible to claim / fight for terrain.
  3. Stone should stay vanilla like it was for Ark, to prevent the fear they could barricade themself,
    add war machines like moveable battering ram / catapults (not only per animal, pushing too!)
    and make it realistic vuln against explosives (ballancing) and burning tar.
Edited by Firedragon

15 hours ago, Mansler said:

So, I am not going to lie, I am not feeling like the Devs are really listening to the community. Because it is common for people to project their opinions, onto society, I was hoping people would give their honest feedback on a few currently hot topic issues, to see which it is.

14 hours ago, Tallios said:

As for the poll here are my more detailed answers.

1.) Companies should not be allowed to be more than say 20 + 10 per land claim or something like this. 

2.) Land claims should be "unlimited" with the exception that Each flag should:

1. Require materials to build.
  2. Require materials and gold (or an NPC Guard/Handyman) to maintain.
  3. Allow for a resource chest to be used to maintain all buildings in the influence area.
  4. Not protect against decay, a resource chest with materials is required to repair damage.

3.) I would personally like to see stone things take bricks and mortar to make, mortar should be made with paste, the assembly of a wall could use a trowel which is a metal tool available in the advanced building skill.  Otherwise it should be Stone and mortar, no metal.

Although we see differently on a couple of these issues, the only one in particular I am going to "pick on" is your #3, primarily because I think the OrganicPaste should be replaced, because let's be honest, sugar isn't used to make mortar. My personal opinion, is that they need to have you grind stone, and flint, and add them, with some water, to the mortar and pestle. Primarily because, it's still ridiculous, IMO, to have to travel that much, just to make some stone walls, but also because, IRL, mortar is pretty much made that way 😛.

Edited by Mansler
Fixed who I was quoting

6 hours ago, Mansler said:

Although we see differently on a couple of these issues, the only one in particular I am going to "pick on" is your #3, primarily because I think the OrganicPaste should be replaced, because let's be honest, sugar isn't used to make mortar. My personal opinion, is that they need to have you grind stone, and flint, and add them, with some water, to the mortar and pestle. Primarily because, it's still ridiculous, IMO, to have to travel that much, just to make some stone walls, but also because, IRL, mortar is pretty much made that way 😛.

I'm totally cool with a different style of mortar.  I was going with something in game that seems to be the current trend.

• Like 1