Gorgeous_b

Lost/Timeout Connection on grid transfer

I cannot get our grid to work, every time you transfer from a home server you get that message and it forces you to respawn, we have incremented our ports up, both game and query. We have also forwarded the seamless data. We have tried a wipe and remake, we wiped the physical server, remade our firewall. We have nothing left to try. Unless you guys have any idea or any devs wanna chime in. Thanks.

Are you running the servers yourself or hosted provider?

If running them yourself are you running them on the same system?

If running them on the same system are you using consecutive ports?

I had the same issue running the servers on the same system using consecutive ports.  Skipped ten port numbers between each server cleared it up.

ie this work for me: 
Server 1: Query: 57561 Game: 5761
Server 2: Query: 57571 Game: 5771

etc...

• Like 1

We're using incremented ports the same way you are, but we're running a 9x9, we've incremented query and game ports by 2 and seamless ports by 4.

• Haha 1

I'm having this same issue as well. We are running a 3x3 on the same server.

Edited by sloden94
Correction

My Configs work really smooth but when i run too many Grids at the same time... (CPU / RAM usage <90%) than i timeout Grids.

Ok ^^ 9 Grids use round about <20GB RAM and CPU must be really good. Ill think!

My server has 16 cores and 64 gigs of ram. I ran 6 grids at the time of the timeout. I was about 23% cpu utilization and had about 3 gigs of mem free. I'll try running 3 grids and see if that helps. I plan on getting 128 gigs total to run all 9 grids when I get everything ironed out.  Also I wasn't able to log in anymore after the crash. Just kept timing out. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sakura said:

Are they all being pointed to the right redis database? 

Yes they are. I ran it again with only 2 grids and it worked. Still got a time out message but somehow my client was still connected. I think this is a resource issue on my end. Going to try adding more grids until it fails again. Thanks though!