Sign in to follow this  
vaylain

Whenever we pass by a buoy, and it says taxation 30% are we really being taxed for passing by out at sea?

Whenever we pass by a buoy, and it says taxation 30% are we really being taxed for passing by out at sea?

If this is true, that is majorly a crappy system. I often times enter into a buoy region without even knowing in advance that there are taxation rates. Often times this occurs when I am zoning into a new server. This really is not a fair aspect to be able to claim a region of water in the deep sea and auto tax unsuspecting sailors? Do I have this system all wrong? The game really does not explain this concept very well...

Edited by vaylain

You only get taxed if you harvest something in claimed land.  If you are just sailing through you are not losing anything.  If you stop and fish in thse waters then 30% of the harvest will go to the landlord.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mndfreeze said:

You only get taxed if you harvest something in claimed land.  If you are just sailing through you are not losing anything.  If you stop and fish in thse waters then 30% of the harvest will go to the landlord.  

OH, I get it now. Whew! Thank you very much for this information, appreciated.