darcek

NPC high level

Saw some people mention,that high level SOD gives you high level npc crew..

However I never saw any real benefits from leveling my crew except,for health and food to make maybe their survivability a bit better..

Is there anything im missing here that benefits having higher levels Npcs?

Level 100 crew = about 200% melee dmg, so a crew that hits with a mace for about 160 dmg per swing.

• Like 1

Just now, darcek said:

Aha for combat applications? cool didnt know they were viable.

I never said they were viable. You'll probably lose a lot of them.

But they do beam onto ships from the ground floor and can hit hard, so equip them with some plate during a boarding and they'll just port onto the boat en mass, probably lose some.

Wouldn't try it in PvE, would go all HP as ghost ship is only boarding for slight survivability.

You can also have them follow you - 10 of them with maces and 200% damage would clear beaches on most islands pretty good.

8 minutes ago, gadefence said:

You can also have them follow you - 10 of them with maces and 200% damage would clear beaches on most islands pretty good.

Sure... But with that lag and their bad wayfinding, i prefer to go alone. We do not even talk about cliffs and similar obstacles.

18 minutes ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

Sure... But with that lag and their bad wayfinding, i prefer to go alone. We do not even talk about cliffs and similar obstacles.

To note: They don't take fall damage, no tames do unless you're ridding them.

The problem is not to get down. The problem is getting the stupid NPCs up somewhere. They do not even manage to get around the elephant. 🙂