Sign in to follow this  
Krat0s

Messed up...NEED HELP PLEASE

So...

Spent 2 days making and configuring a server from my home PC. Started it and it ran great. Me and my Wife were testing different things, starting and stopping the server and tweaking XP gains etc when we made it to another server in our Sloop.

Stupidly, we wanted to live on a specific island and I had picked the wrong island when editing the map. I found the right one, changed the json file and replaced it. Since doing this I can't connect to the server. I have deleted all the save files inside the shootergame directory, checked all the ports, checked literally everything and it is all set up as before but wont let us into the server, it just says unable to query server for invite. It shows on the list, everything seems to run fine but its the final hurdle.

What are my options? If I wanted to do a full wipe would I need to delete my entire server files, re-download everything again including cmd etc or is there some sort of fix? I only changed one bloody island and its caused this! Has anyone experience this or anything similar that knows a workaround please?

I am desperate....

Thanks in advance.

8 hours ago, Krat0s said:

So...

Spent 2 days making and configuring a server from my home PC. Started it and it ran great. Me and my Wife were testing different things, starting and stopping the server and tweaking XP gains etc when we made it to another server in our Sloop.

Stupidly, we wanted to live on a specific island and I had picked the wrong island when editing the map. I found the right one, changed the json file and replaced it. Since doing this I can't connect to the server. I have deleted all the save files inside the shootergame directory, checked all the ports, checked literally everything and it is all set up as before but wont let us into the server, it just says unable to query server for invite. It shows on the list, everything seems to run fine but its the final hurdle.

What are my options? If I wanted to do a full wipe would I need to delete my entire server files, re-download everything again including cmd etc or is there some sort of fix? I only changed one bloody island and its caused this! Has anyone experience this or anything similar that knows a workaround please?

I am desperate....

Thanks in advance.

did you use the clear all file in the redisdatabase folder? im not sure if you have to do that, just a suggestion.

Some extra information beyond 'I changed the json file' might be helpful here. Its a bit vague, and I can think of several different ways I could interpret that statement that might lead to a nonfunctional server.

Ditto for 'I checked all the ports' because we have no way of knowing what exactly you checked. Did you, for instance, check the listed ports for RCON in the ServerGrid.ServerOnly.json, a file completely separate from the ServerGrid.json? That's an easy one to miss, and sometimes the editor likes to try and inject some of the data that should be in the former into the latter. (Though this may be on purpose)

Specific details regarding what you've recently changed, and how, and what you've examined are needed.

Edited by Dread Pirate Ash

5 hours ago, Dread Pirate Ash said:

Some extra information beyond 'I changed the json file' might be helpful here. Its a bit vague, and I can think of several different ways I could interpret that statement that might lead to a nonfunctional server.

Ditto for 'I checked all the ports' because we have no way of knowing what exactly you checked. Did you, for instance, check the listed ports for RCON in the ServerGrid.ServerOnly.json, a file completely separate from the ServerGrid.json? That's an easy one to miss, and sometimes the editor likes to try and inject some of the data that should be in the former into the latter. (Though this may be on purpose)

Specific details regarding what you've recently changed, and how, and what you've examined are needed.

I appreciate you trying to help.

I fixed it in the end, I deleted the entire REDIS folder from my install file, ran steamcmd and it re-installed all the REDIS files which allowed me to run the server.