Sign in to follow this  
RngShwartzWielder

not sure this is a good change

Stone Structures crafting costs have been increased by adding metal cost, and changing fiber requirement to organic paste, which requires both fiber and sap to craft

pretty sure that isn't a great idea under the current resource scarcities among the grids, and how many of them are locked away on pve and assuredly pvp servers.  

metal alone would have provided an additional cost and prevented huge stone structures from being constructed overnight, if the structures that are placed are simply just grandfathered in then i don't see what is gained. so much structure spammed all over by people from the early days that are just logging in to refresh their claims and their demo timers. I understand stone isn't any different than wood in terms of demo timer(on lawless),  but it just solidifies the structure that can be spammed is in fact a very very inexpensive type. 

again, metal addition makes sense to stone, sap actually makes more sense for wood structures but hey, that is just my opinion. not a great choice either.  

claim flags need to be limited by level, with a maximum of 5 at level 40, and incrementally increasing by 5 for every 10 or 15 levels there after, and to be quite honest the limit should be enforced collectively among servers, not just by grid. If that were to take place then the limit could be increased for the level cap, and would function more appropriately. tighten the number of allies to prevent easy communication and the world will thrive by forcing more companies rather than just huge companies. and prevents people from just spamming all over 1 or more islands. prevent people from spamming on lawless by limiting the number of structures on lawless, where by anything over a set number will not be able to be refreshed, but can in fact still be used for the purpose; alpha trap, taming pen, etc... with out the resource reimbursement upon demo either, this will allow way more people to utilize resources from surrounding islands, while forcing the player to engage with other pathfinders.  

p.s. - the above are just talking points, not what i demand or think are the most beneficial, so please feel free to elaborate underneath, or add to constructively. If you don't approve of my idea, that is fine, come find me in game and tell me, otherwise just keep to positive and constructive feedback and ideas.

tldr: wipe officials after the next major update and let the people that are still around get a chance to not have to deal with bugs, with some added constraints and i think people will be much happier.  

• no organic paste requirement for stone
  • claim flags need to be limited in some manner, lvl, per grid, collectively, some how is all that matters 
  • (late addition) - no claiming water by placing flags out at sea, the message can remain, but claiming open ocean seems a bit silly. 
  • lawless structure building needs to be restricted, a cap that would allow you to build but has a much lower decay timer and no resources can be gained by demoing before the timer is up. over a structure limit of maybe regional based limitations excluded 150, seems like it would allow for taming pens or a basic base to travel to, conduct your business and then go back to where ever you came from as a home base. 
  • oh yeah, wipe servers sooner rather than later. no ark games, we wont ever....legacy....just wipe to give existing players a shot and not have to weed through the dead lifeless foundation spammed islands

cheers everyone!

lawless structure building needs to be restricted, a cap that would allow you to build but has a much lower decay timer and no resources can be gained by demoing before the timer is up. over a structure limit of maybe regional based limitations excluded 150, seems like it would allow for taming pens or a basic base to travel to, conduct your business and then go back to where ever you came from as a home base. 

The reason that I am based on a lawless island is that I don't want to have to deal with the pseudo pvp bullshit that is claims flags. If anything, the lawless decay structure of building enforces more regular activity than the claim flag version. With the way the craft building structures (smithy, loom, etc. ) now lock, its not needed to 'secure' bases by high walls and other items. The only reason some people still do (besides trying to hoard resource nodes) is to prevent griefers from sinking ships. The idea behind the 'post' spam was specifically to prevent players from 'foundation spamming' when foundations (however briefly) blocked resource re spawns. I'll be honest, there are some truly unpleasant individuals who will block off whole islands in lawless, only because they don't have a claims flag available to do what they have already done to ruin the rest of the zones.

If the devs don't want people to build and base themselves in lawless, then they need to limit the amount of claims (per person) as well as adding an upkeep cost. This will serve at least three functions in: 1. forcing players to recruit other players if they want to hold greater 'territory', 2. limiting the amount of territory any one individual can maintain (not grab, but actually pay for), 3. Opening up a way for 'auto decay timers' on claimable islands like the lawless islands currently have.

• Like 1

Lawless is home for players who can’t  claim land or for solo players where they don’t want to have claimed. You can’t kick player from game buy doing this 

Edited by Robotukas
  • Like 1

Stone cost. Organic paste - Probably silly idea they ever come like was with fountain of youth. Where players are farming sap? Aswer In freeport. What happens in freeport port when more players will come to farm? Or what about shoping in freeport? Are your servers will be ready for that? Or you going to put restrictions in freeport? 

What I see that design team still living in another planet. It’s time to land to earth

Edited by Robotukas
  • Like 1

One thing what I noticed about developers what they are so sneaky. They not talking with players but instead they changing. I don’t like sneaky developers 

• Like 1

or at least  add  metal nods all over  since metal is so  important ...  south grid got the sugars  stuff  and north was supose to get  metal .. im D ish and barely any metal ... now to build  stone walls  ill have to p[lay6-7 hours ... its just absurb  specially  we are playing in PVE and  we are only fre friends  playing not like pvp they have huge groups .......

Though I agree with you the servers Could really use a whiping I think they are really trying to hold off until they fix all their shit. I think their goal is to minimize the number of whipes they have to do. They probably lose a large player base everytime they whipe. Good or bad it’s tbe world we live in. They have to figure out the claim system better before they can do any type of whipe. I liked quite a few of your ideas. Idk how I feel about basing It on level but your suggestion is sure better than what it is now.

59 minutes ago, AtlasRyan said:

Though I agree with you the servers Could really use a whiping I think they are really trying to hold off until they fix all their shit. I think their goal is to minimize the number of whipes they have to do. They probably lose a large player base everytime they whipe. Good or bad it’s tbe world we live in. They have to figure out the claim system better before they can do any type of whipe. I liked quite a few of your ideas. Idk how I feel about basing It on level but your suggestion is sure better than what it is now.

my only reason for suggesting such a measure is that currently there are 225 or some odd servers on both pve and pvp that have structure made well in advance of this quite sizable change to stone structure that are literally spammed and constructed to heights that are only the result of the original crafting requirement.  I believe it would be hard to tell how it directly changes game play based on start from scratch server group and will only limit those that have chosen to or been unable to play until now, which i contend are the majority of the people that are still playing the game, on officials. 

I do get what you're referring to though, get more in the game before wiping the slate clean, though i question what would still have to be changed immediately if changes such as this go unchecked until the new beginning, likely only more to come in the near future. 

as i say to my company crewmates before crossing the line between servers..... "brace!" 

cheers

4 hours ago, RngShwartzWielder said:

my only reason for suggesting such a measure is that currently there are 225 or some odd servers on both pve and pvp that have structure made well in advance of this quite sizable change to stone structure that are literally spammed and constructed to heights that are only the result of the original crafting requirement.  I believe it would be hard to tell how it directly changes game play based on start from scratch server group and will only limit those that have chosen to or been unable to play until now, which i contend are the majority of the people that are still playing the game, on officials. 

I do get what you're referring to though, get more in the game before wiping the slate clean, though i question what would still have to be changed immediately if changes such as this go unchecked until the new beginning, likely only more to come in the near future. 

as i say to my company crewmates before crossing the line between servers..... "brace!" 

cheers

I think their are a few main issues they really should tackle before they whipe

1) game integrity issues. Close up the hacking, weird under mesh bases, pve ship sinking, pve sotd griefing. Make their admin passwords more secure(I don’t buy that excuse ftr) without this a whipe is futile.

2) decide what they want to do about claims. You touched on a lot of the problems with them. 

3) decide and implement their course of action for lawless zones. You touched on these points too

4)implement trading system and balances around that. Trading systems like this re notorious for exploiting.

5) finalize their foy, human breeding, age death mechanic.

6) server issues. With all their 5% and 25% and 50% server improvements the game is still laggy as shit at times. 

I really don’t see them whiping for at least another 2-3 months. I would be happy to be wrong though. My guess is they are planning 2 whipes. 1 after the initial shitstorm they have, and then another closer to launch of the game.