Sign in to follow this  
UDO

if i build in the zone that overlaps with neigbors what happens to buildings ?

as title , can some explain what happens do they decay who actually owns the building 

21 minutes ago, Lynx said:

Why does overlap exist in the first place?

i asked my self this when i logged in this morning how  they managed it 

i logged in this morning to see somehow a new compnay in area has managed to place a ring of flags right up against the edge of my claim effectivly i lost half the area ,no flags lost they managed somehow to place flags that close to edge .

i have been at this spot since day 2 or 3 when i go out of freeport .

how they managed to do that is not legit , they have used some exploit/ glitch to do it 

so i ask again what happens to the building inside the overlap which was my orignal question , as it shows its in territory belonging to them even though inside my claim 

1 minute ago, UDO said:

Edited by UDO

7 minutes ago, UDO said:

i asked my self this when i logged in this morning how  they managed it 

i logged in this morning to see somehow a new compnay in area has managed to place a ring of flags right up against the edge of my claim effectivly i lost half the area ,no flags lost they managed somehow to place flags that close to edge .

i have been at this spot since day 2 or 3 when i go out of freeport .

how they managed to do that is not legit , they have used some exploit/ glitch to do it 

so i ask again what happens to the building inside the overlap which was my orignal question , as it shows its in territory belonging to them even though inside my claim 

So sea flags / land flags are different in their radius, that's the "exploit" they use to overlap the area.  From what I understand of it, either group owning the area can build there.  It 100% seems to be free game in the overlapped area.

Now onto the building itself, if you can contest the area and reclaim the area that they overlapped and you are the original owner of the building then nothing changes its yours to keep.  If it was their building you should see a decay timer pop up like the ones that exist in lawless and you can destroy it afterwards.

5 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

So sea flags / land flags are different in their radius, that's the "exploit" they use to overlap the area.  From what I understand of it, either group owning the area can build there.  It 100% seems to be free game in the overlapped area.

Now onto the building itself, if you can contest the area and reclaim the area that they overlapped and you are the original owner of the building then nothing changes its yours to keep.  If it was their building you should see a decay timer pop up like the ones that exist in lawless and you can destroy it afterwards.

all land claims nowhere near sea , which is why i cant see how they used legit ways to place them where they did 

my building is in the overlap shows as mine

i know i cant remove and replace the flag as it now overlaps and wil show as recent upkeep on the area as it overlaps and will ask to place inside their radius to contest .

Edited by UDO

1 minute ago, UDO said:

all land claims nowhere near sea

Not seen that one yet, usually it's a sea claim used to overlap a land claim.  But I have seen some weird land claim spots recently so maybe something new.

2 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

Not seen that one yet, usually it's a sea claim used to overlap a land claim.  But I have seen some weird land claim spots recently so maybe something new.

this is what i wa thinking purely as the flags they placed follow the circle of my claim right next to it 

Behind my claim there are 3 companies whose flags overlap each other. It's a total mess. We think it glitches due to the tower spires and hills in the claimed area but we have no idea if that is correct.

Edit: They are all 100% land claims with no sea territory.

Edited by Fefu

3 minutes ago, Fefu said:

Behind my claim there are 3 companies whose flags overlap each other. It's a total mess. We think it glitches due to the tower spires and hills in the claimed area but we have no idea if that is correct.

Edit: They are all 100% land claims with no sea territory.

the issue i logged into was brande new flags placed exactly at the edge of the circle of my claim on land no flags lost just tons of overlap  

Is it flat land or are there rock spires in your or their circles?

13 minutes ago, Fefu said:

Is it flat land or are there rock spires in your or their circles?

Flat

u can see in the screenshot because of where they placed the flags the overlap reaches my flag 

dwVx9BI.jpg

adding to this just saw one of them running past chinese names coul dbe using the names to disguise them selfs but u never know .....not that it matters as a lot of players use exploits they just use them more than others 

Edited by UDO

What can I say? Whatever is causing it seems random. All I can tell you is to never refresh your flag/s. I did that when they introduced the taxation mechanic and could not place a new flag and lost the territory.

5 minutes ago, Fefu said:

What can I say? Whatever is causing it seems random. All I can tell you is to never refresh your flag/s. I did that when they introduced the taxation mechanic and could not place a new flag and lost the territory.

these flags have been there since day 2-3 . 

that kind of placament shouldnt be possible try it yourself it says u need to place inside to contest or too close to enemy territory , so they have def used exploits. gltches

What happens is you guys fight for the land. You both own it so you both can place there. (I hate this system)

I have it on one of my claims. I was there first, some guy comes in, sea claims my entire land claim basically then starts pounding down foundations and pillars around me so now the land is useless.