Sign in to follow this  
Evir

Whistles for ladders. Please change the keybind!

@Jatheish Please change the whistles for ladders to a different button, It is getting old whistling to lower the ladder and being slightly off and multiple NPCs running off the ship. It should be a specific keybind that only does the ladder or a wheel option on the ship.

Other keybinds need to be done also such as Q and T for swapping building, if you rebind that key for the whistles to another key so you stop hitting them by accident, you can no longer build properly.

Please someone in the UI team dedicate time to this.

Edited by Evir
  • Like 1

yes please. The ladder comes down and so do the guys on the back guns. SPLASH!!! Right into the water.

The T whistle is not a group whistle. Its a targeted whistle.

Edited by wakko151

Just now, Percieval said:

You can make your NPC’s ignore group whistles. 

Does nothing, since you must have T bound, and T is a single target whistle.

Just now, Evir said:

Does nothing, since you must have T bound, and T is a single target whistle.

Works for me though. Or maybe I’m just lucky. Or atleast I believe I did it, there isn’t a ignore whistle button at all? 

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

Works for me though. Or maybe I’m just lucky. Or atleast I believe I did it, there isn’t a ignore whistle button at all? 

J is the whistle for all to follow you.  For fun, go into ARk, and go to a tribemate's base, and whistle J, and after 30 seconds, whistle U, and then leave.  Your Tribemate will love you for it.  😂

The problem, also, with setting the NPCs to ignore group whistles is that you want them to respond to group whistles, as that is how you would direct them as the Captain.  You are passing a ship you don't want to attack, you whistle the gunners to passive.  You can risk neutral but we have had them fire the cannons without provocation while on Neutral.  Not good unless you are willing to risk starting a war.  Hope it's not one of the Megas you shoot at by accident.

Also, in the unlikely event of a boarding action, you want them to respond to a group order to fight.