Virkatjol

SotD spawn turned up?

We sailed to Polar K1 last night and at 1 point we could see at least 8 ships surrounding us. We were up there a weekish ago and it wasn't an issue like now.

We also had 2 aggressive whales chasing us on our way home as well as ships aggro-ing us.

There were so many they were piling into each other.

While these guys are great fun to kill it seems like perhaps there are too many for how many people are out hunting them.

• Like 1

Me and a buddy went looking for sotd last night. We sailed through 2 whole maps and didn’t see any. So I would say no. 

1 minute ago, Tillman said:

Me and a buddy went looking for sotd last night. We sailed through 2 whole maps and didn’t see any. So I would say no. 

Having a literal wall of up to like 10 on each grid side or more, sank one today but they are so many they sometimes come in pairs or trios. Also whales suddenly started to spawn arround, had no whales for a week and after v15, already met 3 whales in past 3-4 days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tillman said:

after we got back with out supplies we emptied and didn't have to leave the area by our base to find 5 to kill and 3 we left. 

We are in K3.

If you don’t want to see any go look for them. It’s when you don’t want them they are everywhere. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tillman said:

If you don’t want to see any go look for them. It’s when you don’t want them they are everywhere. 

Tried to kill a few this evening and had a hard time finding any 😛 In the afternoon doing a metal run it felt like they were everywhere!

This is something I've experienced in unofficial recently, and so far only after v15. The sheer number of them showing up is disturbing. My friend lost his schooner to getting chased by one, and 2 more pincer-ed him, and then nearly getting cut off by another one. Their levels are all varied so its not a horde of low level SOTD's either. I've also witnessed them while going from grid to grid. There can be anywhere from 1 to 7 in rendering range. It's been more rare not to see one.

However, I'm expressing my experience. My schooner is equipped with a large speed sail, so SOTD have not been as much of a hindrance to me personally.