micleftic

IMHO: Why it will fail... unless

So here is my opinion on the game and it's success... Ark is still alive because of the private servers. I played on official for just a few hours and it can be quite toxic. That is no problem because of dedicated servers. I got two of my own so me and my friends can play as we wish. I rented an Atlas Server with G-Portal yesterday. What you get is a master server and you can rent more expansion servers. Here is the problem. The master server is the welcome area, so basically you can get up to Level 8 and that's it. If you want expansion then you need more servers... The smallest server capacity is 10 Slots...One Server is 90 Euro a year. If I want 16 servers... well you do the math... It is expensive af. SO unless they come around with a different idea on how it should work then not a lot of private servers will be maintained or like in our case, just a server with 3 or 4 expansions. We will never play on the full map because it is simply way to expensive... Therefore long time commitment to a game that massive will deplete pretty quick as I assume... What are your thoughts on it?

• Confused 1

It is very interesting to see how unofficial servers will fare. I think there will be a lot of interest in joining unofficials, but you're right, whoever sets up unofficials will be paying quite a bit to have a decent sized playing area.