Sign in to follow this  
Anarki

I hope the game makers are more hardcore than its playerbase

Its an 'EARLY ACCESS' game. It is not a finished product, it is always going to be a disappointment for some players but I truly hope that the game makers etc are more hardcore than some of the juvenile beings that rabble on daily about how they didnt get this, and how they paid for that.

What did you expect... CoD where you can run in and 1 shot everything? Cities Skylines, where you could build your own frickin' city?

Its a pirate game. You arent expected to last forever, and have everything all your own way. Just take a step back, and think what a pirate game probably involves... death, looting, frustration, excitement, fun, annoyance, happy times, sad times etc etc

Seriously, the game will improve, it will also have set backs.

At this moment in time, you can build ships, you can sail, you can attack things and you can get gold. There will be more things added I am fairly sure of that and yes they will add stupid things, or make stupid changes but its up to us to provide decent feedback and stop crying like a baby who has had its toy taken away, but lets tell them in a manner in which they can do something about it.

Some of the players I have come across in this game make me hope that they quit as they shouldnt play a game if they arent willing to lose things, or allow the game to evolve. 

Thats my rant over, Im just bored of reading all the pointless complaints without any real advice or ideas.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Anarki said:

Its a pirate game.

No, it's an Old Age Simulator where 90 year old characters (aged to that in only 3 or 4 RL weeks!) have to try and find a cure that moves around the map, which is lagged out by corpses, players and ships and populated with Alphas such as Cyclops and Elementals. Getting past that lot, no doubt with multiple deaths in the process from the videos I have watched, players then have to repeatedly run the gauntlet of creature-infested caves/tunnels in the hopes that, if you don't die for the umpteenth time, entering the sparkly zone will confer the cure on you.  It might, it might not, apparently.  The zone is supposed to be for 150 players, but hundreds are trying to cram into there.  Some players haven't been able to get in there for a couple of hours, only to find the location has changed and they have to set sail yet AGAIN.

Don't get me wrong, EA I can live with and have done so with many a game over the years. This game isn't suffering from EA teething troubles so much as suffering because of the incredibly inept way the Devs "fix" things and also because of the way they suddenly introduce badly-designed, game-changing game mechanics.  What part of a good idea is it where EVERYBODY over 90 (the vast majority of us) suddenly got a nasty debuff without warning, and the Devs, in their ineffable wisdom, came up with the "solution" described above?  This NOT one of your usual EA problems, it's just complete stupidity.  THAT'S why the player base is angry.

• Like 1

You know that the fountain isnt the only way, breeding is coming too, and you can take over your child.

Its EA, yes, and thats a valid answer to this.  If you dont want to experience the changes and the systems being implemented incrementally, wait for release in 22 months.

People complain because base mechanics are still broken and they keep shoveling more on top.  And they take no account of their own server limitations when adding new content.

And this is an MMO (their words and goals) so many issues can't be avoided with a simple server move.  You are stuck playing with everyone.  And please don't tell me to move to unofficials, it's rather telling when that's the primary solution.

Ark followed this exact same pattern.  Many issues were never fixed and just shoved under the rug.  3 years later many of these issues still exist.  

That is our fear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, archaegeo said:

You know that the fountain isnt the only way, breeding is coming too, and you can take over your child.

Its EA, yes, and thats a valid answer to this.  If you dont want to experience the changes and the systems being implemented incrementally, wait for release in 22 months.

As I say, EA isn't a problem, though you seem to have been unable to assimilate that fact.  I'm fine with things being introduced incrementally... but when they introduce stupendously ill-thought out game mechanics that is NOT an EA issue.  It's down to incompetent devs who seem to have no clue what to do with the game and who have made the game a little worse with every patch, breaking more than they fix EVERY TIME.  On what planet would introducing this global Ageing debuff and cure system in such a disastrous manner seem like a good idea?