Olthoi

They Increase And Change SOTD Again?

They do seem different. We used to just zig zag our way through them, you had to get close enough to wave at them to agro.

Today they agro'ed from much farther away. Though we could out run some, they did seem to be faster and chase for longer... then we went to a polar zone...

The amount of them was insane. They literally had a blockade across the zone. Every direction we turned to evade one another two would draw in.

At one point i counted no less then twelve on screen at one time... and my draw distance is set to med.

Eventually we ran out of room to evade and aggroed like 5... i'm gonna miss that Brig.

They were a joke before, but whatever they did, either intentionally or on accident, definitely broke them. It would be nice if we could get confirmation either way about it.

After some more testing i am 100% sure they changed the AI. I play in the Tundra Region, so im used to seeing a lot of them, but before the change they were completely brainless.. Turning, stopping and speeding up at random. Now in most cases the stop and turn exactly into your path shortly after a course correction. This happens way too often to be a coincidence. The speed got buffed by quite a lot aswell. I used to just rush trough them in a 3 Speedsail Brigg... now im actually getting lock ons even in a 1small/1Large Speedsail Schooner with good winds.

If you happen to catch a phase of low winds you can pretty much pack.