Sign in to follow this  
Tobias

Fog and Low Settings...

Ok, this one actually ticked me off a fair bit. My computer can actually handle the fog being on medium settings, I CHOOSE to lower my setting so I don't have to see that godforsaken piece of crap mist. Didn't sign up to play Fog Online...I can understand the pvp aspect of some seeing it and some not, but honestly, that should be their problem, not a global one. If you don't like seeing the effect you should be able to disable it outright. Revert this stupid change, V15 is already shaping up to be the worst version I've played yet...

It's actually getting to be a little bit too much, now that they  have fixed it maybe they adjusted the rates of fog, i'm getting about 5-10 min of play before fog rolls in for 5 min, rinse and repeat, it's getting to be excruciating to do anything, especially when scouting out islands from your ship... tab out and look at something becuase fog, can't spyglass a discovery because fog... turn the shit down.

1 hour ago, trqfreak350 said:

It's actually getting to be a little bit too much, now that they  have fixed it maybe they adjusted the rates of fog, i'm getting about 5-10 min of play before fog rolls in for 5 min, rinse and repeat, it's getting to be excruciating to do anything, especially when scouting out islands from your ship... tab out and look at something becuase fog, can't spyglass a discovery because fog... turn the shit down.

not every biome has fog , 

40 minutes ago, UDO said:

not every biome has fog , 

okay......

So for the ones that do, it's too much,  and we live in C7, and so far, up to C2, and down to C12 fog, fog, fog, fog , fog....

Just now, trqfreak350 said:

okay......

So for the ones that do, it's too much,  and we live in C7, and so far, up to C2, and down to C12 fog, fog, fog, fog , fog....

i like it it adds to the atmosphere , was sialign when i got hit with fog having to slow down the ship to navigate to the beach was good ,     u dont like it ok , but a lot of players like the immersion it brings, like night time , pve players all turn their gamma up wtf is the point plyler v environment , if u remove all the environment what are u left with ...

Enabling the fog across the board is an important change even for low settings. Not a "their fault for not disabling it" Was probably an oversight it wasn't enabled for low settings from the start. I have been in a few regions with fog but never lived in one. If it's as often as rain it can't be that terrible. But as I agree there should be intensity of storms from a drizzle, rain shower, downpour along with thunderstorms, severe thunderstorms, tropical depressions and hurricanes The fog should probably have levels of intensity with spotty fog, light fog, dense fog. Also sometimes fog sits low, sometimes it sits high. Variety will make the current extremes feel a lot less annoying.

8 minutes ago, UDO said:

i like it it adds to the atmosphere , was sialign when i got hit with fog having to slow down the ship to navigate to the beach was good ,     u dont like it ok , but a lot of players like the immersion it brings, like night time , pve players all turn their gamma up wtf is the point plyler v environment , if u remove all the environment what are u left with ...

I don't think you honestly understand in some of the areas how frequent it is... LITERALLY and i mean extremely literally every 10 minutes for 3-5 minutes game play nearly ceases. Blueish grey fog that you can't see land or ships, or anything else for that matter within a brigs length in front of you. Nobody is asking them to remove it, just turn down the frequency, after every storm, transition from day to night and night to day, it's happening for 5 min, sometimes longer... you do the math on that. After they adjusted it not being able to be circumvented by turning down settings there was a clear change in frequency. and it's for the worse. Glad you like it, glad you feel immersed, i feel annoyed, you won't change my mind.

I never turned my settings down for fog because it wasn't as frequent as it is now, it was actually exciting. now it's just too often.

Edited by trqfreak350