Sign in to follow this  
Miedein

What happens when you die?

So as I understand it. at 100 years old, we're supposed to die and create our offspring that carries on the legacy. Does anyone have any idea what exactly happens with all that? I'm fine if I was reset a few levels. But not so fine if I have to start over at lvl 1. What about my company, the claim flags I've placed down? As it stands. I'm not entirely happy with my character model and currently 94 years old. A couple guys from my company wants to use the fountain of youth so we're setting sail for it. If dying and remaking my character model to my standards is going to cause too many issues as I'm also the holder of the company and the majority of my company's claim flags. I'd rather just use the fountain of youth to avoid the issues. Anyone have any idea what happens? The debuff I can deal with and while it's fairly brutal. I'm fine with the debuffs. Just also feel it should provide an intelligence buff as well. 

13 minutes ago, Miedein said:

[...] also feel it should provide an intelligence buff as well. 

+1 Yes!

(Sorry I can't provide any concrete info atm)

I mean I'm fine with those mechanics. I think from a roleplay standpoint it's kinda cool. Moving on to playing the child of this great adventurer, setting off to follow in their footsteps and complete the legacy. My issue and concern though is company management and claim territory. When my first character dies, and I go on to playing my offspring. What happens to my company and the claim flags I have down?

2 hours ago, Miedein said:

So as I understand it. at 100 years old, we're supposed to die and create our offspring that carries on the legacy. Does anyone have any idea what exactly happens with all that? I'm fine if I was reset a few levels. But not so fine if I have to start over at lvl 1. What about my company, the claim flags I've placed down? As it stands. I'm not entirely happy with my character model and currently 94 years old. A couple guys from my company wants to use the fountain of youth so we're setting sail for it. If dying and remaking my character model to my standards is going to cause too many issues as I'm also the holder of the company and the majority of my company's claim flags. I'd rather just use the fountain of youth to avoid the issues. Anyone have any idea what happens? The debuff I can deal with and while it's fairly brutal. I'm fine with the debuffs. Just also feel it should provide an intelligence buff as well. 

I appreciate where you are coming from, but trust me, the notion that people are inherently smarter because they are older is a complete fallacy.  Morons do not age into wise old men, they just become old morons. But yes, it would be nice if there was some buff as a trade off to the debuffs, there just isn't one that presents itself as a logical option. IQ testing data say your intelligence level is pretty much set by the time you reach adolescence and doesn't change much if it all over the course of your life.