Sign in to follow this  
Badkebab

Server consortium

So I was thinking at work today, to fully represent the game world of atlas on private servers would require at most 225 servers

I am envisioning a server consortium run by a group of people interested in running the full game world, only with admins actually interested in removing cheats and zero tolerance for hacking. 

Needless to say these servers would be Region locked. 

Would there be any interest in this? 

Edited by Badkebab

2 minutes ago, Badkebab said:

So I was thinking at work today, to fully represent the game world of atlas on private servers would require at most 225 servers

I am envisioning a server consortium run by a group of people interested in running the full game world, only with admins actually interested in removing cheats and zero tolerance for hacking. 

Needless to say these servers would be Region locked. 

Would there be any interest in this? 

The amount of money to run 225 servers and all the time hoping that admins won't just get tired of the game or run out of money. Yes, a game ran by fair community would be better than lazy devs of any game, a GM in-game will do much more than a robot auto responding to suppor tticket after 2 weeks just... kinda sounds hopeless to achive.

The money would be provided by the 200 or so members of the consortium. 

I don't believe this is difficult to achieve 

Edited by Badkebab

One reply in an hour, that's a fair indication of low interest. 

Its also an indication that all the waaah cheats waaaaaah exploits waaaah bad pings from overseas is a storm in a tea cup.