Liqsquid

Small Shipyard and resources

I have tested this carefully there is no doubt that a small shipyard has a very large area around it that stops all resources from respawning could this area please be made smaller, right now its around the same size as a claim flag which is a huge chunk of resources.

Edited by Liqsquid

The bigger shipyard does the same. Its not a claim flag in size, though, else you wouldn't have any resources in the claim that a shipyard was in. 

It is definitely much farther than the radius of a foundation.

Realistically, the resource-blocking for most objects should be about halved in distance, especially shipyards, lighthouses, and anchored boats.

There's a random dinghy up against my shoreline from a tribe that I've never seen play since I got to this island about 2 weeks ago, and it blocks about a 10 foundation deep semicircle on the shoreline. It also doesn't decay, and isn't claimable like rafts are after a time.

This definitely needs to be fixed. I've found the same thing when our neighbor parked a small shipyard, and screwed 25% of the resources on our small island until I could convince him to build his shipyard somewhere else (on my land). I don't understand the need for any resource despawning beyond 1 or 2 blocks of a foundation or structure. I've already posted about this topic as well, and it's really annoying for people with very small islands with multiple companies on those islands.