Sign in to follow this  
Seren Du

More issues with Predators

I want to know how the hell a wolf cant get through a stone wall and kill an elephant.

said elephant was at least 4 blocks away from an outside wall, stone foundations over water that are filled in it was on passive.

How the god damn hell do you justify this? there was also a bull and a bear in the same pen and they are untouched

in the pic the elephant was next to the bull againts the inner wall which is part of the same build and behind the small door.

So please @Jatheish explain to me why the wolves in the game seem to be either able to spawn inside building and selectively kill animals and leave others untouched? Or are we subject to glitches yet again that push tames outside buildings? If so what the hell is the point in any of us bothering to even try and keep them?

So god damn annoyed at putting in the work to play the game only to log in and be screwed over due to bad programming.

20190117164157_1.jpg

• Like 1

Your barn looks almost exactly like ours!  We built ours over the water as well, to avoid this exact issue.  So far have not had wild animals spawn inside, but have logged in to find all the animals swimming in the water around the barn, getting killed by vultures and wolves.  It seems there is no safe way to keep them.  🙁

its fucking ridiculous they glitch through ceilings and foundations i built a roof area at first but they kept glitching through the ceiling and getting trapped in the build below. Its so stupid. Lazy coding on entities.

Also when a wolf can get its head through a solid wall due to the stupid hitbox and get you then well may as well just not bother.

why waste my time building when you have to build dual walls just to stop the bad animal reder/hitbox

• Like 1

may be its time to quit this shambles, its like trying to play a great game with boxing gloves on and a your eyes only half open.

guess ill go back to Elite, at least Fdev know how to build a game from the start properly.

there was a mix but a tiny gap. Roof was ceilings so i understood that one hence why i chose to use land level

3 minutes ago, Final Vegeta said:

Are your floors foundations or ceilings? They tend to have a problem glitching through ceilings just like ark.

• Like 1

Just now, Seren Du said:

may be its time to quit this shambles, its like trying to play a great game with boxing gloves on and a your eyes only half open.

guess ill go back to Elite, at least Fdev know how to build a game from the start properly.

there was a mix but a tiny gap. Roof was ceilings so i understood that one hence why i chose to use land level

Only advice I can give you man is use all foundations for floors since they can stack. I had that happen all the time in ark and it never got changed. It looks like they render in animals first and then structures and because the ceilings are so thin the creatures clip through it. My giraffe clipped through my ceiling and is now permanently one with my tax bank. I also had my rhino on top and he's now stuck inside my building lol. 

yeah i could accept that but they were on foundations for the most part this time and unless a wofl spawned in the tini gap under some of the ceiling tiles i havbe no idea how it got my elephant

then what is the actual point in it? It makes no sense other than its lazy, lack of care towards the product. Dont want to address the issues like this, as if it was the same in ark wehat hope is there that it will ever change?

At least in Ark you had more land, here if they bring back the affect of foundations on spawning of resources then you wont be able to do anything as you are compensating for the glitching by using foundations to keep animals safe and yourself yet too many kill the spawns of resource...

Did the devs ever actually consider this during development.

Damn i hate moaning on forums i normally never do but this is getting beyond!

7 minutes ago, Seren Du said:

then what is the actual point in it? It makes no sense other than its lazy, lack of care towards the product. Dont want to address the issues like this, as if it was the same in ark wehat hope is there that it will ever change?

At least in Ark you had more land, here if they bring back the affect of foundations on spawning of resources then you wont be able to do anything as you are compensating for the glitching by using foundations to keep animals safe and yourself yet too many kill the spawns of resource...

Did the devs ever actually consider this during development.

Damn i hate moaning on forums i normally never do but this is getting beyond!

Agreed it stinks and still needs to be fixed. I just did walls and foundations to despawned my island that I'm on so I don't loose tames anymore. It's been 3 days and it's working out so far. 

atlas_screenshot_2019-01-16_-_.png

5 minutes ago, Final Vegeta said:

Agreed it stinks and still needs to be fixed. I just did walls and foundations to despawned my island that I'm on so I don't loose tames anymore. It's been 3 days and it's working out so far. 

atlas_screenshot_2019-01-16_-_.png

We did something similar, built near a beachhead, paid attention to the local spawns, and built up a rather large perimeter wall.  We've recently added swivel cannons toward the outside to help with alphas that spawn in the area.  I've only heard of people having shit spawn inside their bases on lawless though, outside of the AotD that is those bastards spawn in the base all the time we just have tigers to take care of it.

Just now, Vaenix said:

We did something similar, built near a beachhead, paid attention to the local spawns, and built up a rather large perimeter wall.  We've recently added swivel cannons toward the outside to help with alphas that spawn in the area.  I've only heard of people having shit spawn inside their bases on lawless though, outside of the AotD that is those bastards spawn in the base all the time we just have tigers to take care of it.

It's not just lawless, I had a wolf spawn inside my house but that was on like day 3 I think they patched something to help that.

There are also 2 other neighbors I have that had wolves spawn inside their base but again that was shortly after release. 

1 minute ago, Final Vegeta said:

It's not just lawless, I had a wolf spawn inside my house but that was on like day 3 I think they patched something to help that.

There are also 2 other neighbors I have that had wolves spawn inside their base but again that was shortly after release. 

I suppose I should correct myself then, the most recent issues that people have been posting about seem to only be from lawless areas.  Seemed to start occurring again right after they reduced the respawn radius for foundations.  Either way it's a shit system right now and it's something that happened in Ark, I'm not sure they ever really resolved it fully.