ianHighlander

Easier refilling of lanterns or permanent lighting option please

I don't normally post in "suggestions" forums but just this once lol

Making a "Pirate town" on a private PVE server and trying to do any kind of street lighting is a ball ache of the highest order. It looks great when lit up with lanterns hanging at various points, but then a few hours later you have to go round, take them all down again, refill them, then go round and put them all back up. This process repeats ad infinitum until you get so fed up with it you leave it in the dark.

Could we please have some sort of way of refilling them from your inventory at least or even some sort of more permanent lighting for streets/ships ?

@Jatheish  @Dollie

Pwetttttyyyy pweeeeze

Edited by ianHighlander
  • Like 2

I agree with this.  Need to let us either repair the lantern in our own inventory (as opposed to taking it all the way back to a smithy), or add a second inventory slot to the hook that we can fill with oil for the lantern to burn IMO.  (Ideally the lantern itself could be filled with oil to burn, but I suspect a container within a container holding the oil isn't feasible)

• Thanks 1

Personally I'd prefer a lantern type that burns permanently and costs more resources and has to be placed like a structure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I expect that ever-burning lanterns with adjustable brightness will be one of the first mods available when the dev kit is released.