Sign in to follow this  
TacticalNatty

Concept idea for land claims

What if claim holders where "taxed" or charged gold per hour/day for each claim held. The rest of the claim system is left alone and this wouldn't stop large groups from holding more claims, but it could discourage claiming non-essential areas across several servers. This would also help with players who left the game but are still asleep, as they would eventually run out of gold.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TacticalNatty said:

What if claim holders where "taxed" or charged gold per hour/day for each claim held. The rest of the claim system is left alone and this wouldn't stop large groups from holding more claims, but it could discourage claiming non-essential areas across several servers. This would also help with players who left the game but are still asleep, as they would eventually run out of gold.

Thoughts?

That makes too much sense, NEXT!!!

I think there should be another dynamic to this,  the tax that is charged is based on number of claims and tax rate charged.   

There would be a base rate, but when you add taxes it goes up accordingly.   0% tax 100% of charged rate, 10% double that.,  30% tax double that again.   I would charge 1 gold per game day, per claim as base.     (1 + TaxRate*10)

I would  further make the company pay it in a Freeport tax collector,  no more than RL week past due or claims revoked.   You should have option paying as far in advance as you want, but once paid, no return of gold already paid (this tax collector not a bank).   Taxes are charged ever game evening at evening music.

This would get companies to claim only what the can support, encourage lower taxes, require the company to be active in play and allow some one to take an extended location.  If you want a single plot and not charging taxes, cost would be trivial.   Large Companies with many claims and high taxe, upkeep would require work, but in turn they are affecting many other players play,

Edited by José Gaspar

1 hour ago, José Gaspar said:

There would be a base rate, but when you add taxes it goes up accordingly.   0% tax 100% of charged rate, 10% double that.,  30% tax double that again.   I would charge 1 gold per game day, per claim as base.     (1 + TaxRate*10)

That is a great addition. It would actually make building on rented land more reasonable, as the "renter" is not charged gold, only harvest. Perhaps the bank could also work in addition to the tax collector though. Building a bank would allow for tax deposits locally for that grid only. 

Maybe in PVP you can even rob the bank....