Sign in to follow this  
Gunny1981

sinking ships on pve

and you can still sink ships, just need someone to come and cling to the ladder and the weight counts. pity that the patch has brought nothing

You can whistle ladders up and down so in theory you should be safe if you pay attention. Or am I missing something?

I was surprised you could climb the ladder, but the new meta evolves fast. There are other ways to sink people that is a lot easier than weight or crew numbers.

3 minutes ago, Fefu said:

You can whistle ladders up and down so in theory you should be safe if you pay attention. Or am I missing something?

If you pay attention 24/7? 😉

2 minutes ago, Fefu said:

Anyone can let the ladder down as soon as it is within reach!

18 minutes ago, Gunny1981 said:

Anyone can let the ladder down as soon as it is within reach!

Has this changed then? I was not able to whistle other people's ladders down while in the water when I tried it. Or are you saying letting them down from inside the boat?

Can you please explain the mechanic in a bit more detail? Would be appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by Fefu
Addition

1 minute ago, Fefu said:

Has this changed then? I was not able to whistle other people's ladders down while in the water when I tried it. Or are you saying letting them down from inside the boat?

Drive with your boat directly to the enemy and you can look at it and let it down

The patch notes also say they shouldn't be able to move if over encumbered... so even if you can still cling to someones ladder to add weight, how exactly are you suppose to get there carrying too much weight? 

10 hours ago, MaxPower said:

The patch notes also say they shouldn't be able to move if over encumbered... so even if you can still cling to someones ladder to add weight, how exactly are you suppose to get there carrying too much weight? 

You can move when encumbered. But other Players cant pull you with the hook 

U can park with the back facing beach so no way to access the back ladder or park dingy/raft under it. all other are just placed in the snaps only 1 long so they dont reach water. That way other ppl cant place ladders on ur ships (yea you could place rope ladder on other ships in PVE) portable doesnt add to the weight (tested by company mate) so if ur carefull u can make ANCHORED ship like 90% safe. Also parking between 2 shipyards make it impossible to get next to urs with other ship. Its hassle but u can atleast defend against casual griefers hardcore ones will allways find way.

Edited by Akai