Sign in to follow this  
Fiil

Language on servers.

Hi all.

First of all, I think its prudent to state i havent had any problems with chinese or any other particular nationality.

But I am seeing a lot of ingame chat simply barred behind squares, and i'm affraid that at least some of the hatred towards others come from not being able to understand eachother.

Much of the day in my zone, the chat looks like in the picture i have attached, I don't mind seeing french/spanish/german or whatever, even though i'm very bad at understanding any of them, but the suqares annoy the hell out of me.

And i feel that it cuts out normal chat, as when it gets going, everyone who writes with normal letters stops talking when the squares get going, and it feels like it just spams everything else away.

Maybe it would be an idea to make servers for regions that has such a big difference in language, that others cant even render them.

gibberish.jpg

There is a mod on steam that installa the global font.. you can use that.

You will no longer see squares but the Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean or whatever language it is.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Caldrin said:

You will no longer see squares but the Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean or whatever language it is.

Tbh, i had seen the mod, but i'm not gonna mod my game with any third party stuff, that might mess up my game.

I think the responsability is on the developers, to either bar nonestandard letters on the servers, or make the game at least capable of showing them to all.

14 minutes ago, Caldrin said:

Whats the name of the mod or do you have a link to it?

No region locks but also no foreign language fonts just seems backwards.

If region locks are never going to be a thing then why no language pack? Ark never got it either. 

Not seeing much improvement from these devs. Just the same old stuff.

It's not a mod. It's just a font folder you add to the Localisation folder of Ark/Atlas. No game files modified.

It's a nice font but scales with the size you've scaled your UI to, so for me it was just too large. I must remember to try scaling down my UI and see how it looks.

1 hour ago, Caldrin said:

It's in the steam workshop for atlas now..

Yes, but I was pointing out it is NOT a mod, for those who don't like installing mods.