Sign in to follow this  
thomasatlas

Stuck Galleon

Is there any way to get a galleon out of being stuck? we're stuck in shallow ish water, but not actually stuck in anything.  I've read about being able to hold S and back up, but that does not work.  Tried with the sails furled, no npc's on the sails. Does not back up.

Any ideas other than to make a new ship?

The S method is very slow. So it might be working just super slow. We got our first schooner stuck like that. It ended up just busting apart when we tried to work it out. now we are super paranoid.

According to a topic i read here somewhere: asign a NPC to the helm, look towards the back of the ship, tell the NPC to go the direction you look.

Didnt try it myself tho. Good luck

On 1/15/2019 at 2:35 AM, Grongash said:

According to a topic i read here somewhere: asign a NPC to the helm, look towards the back of the ship, tell the NPC to go the direction you look.

Didnt try it myself tho. Good luck

I can confirm. This works! Takes a while and your ship may take a bit of dmg on the bottom depending on where you are stuck. We had our galleon beached tonight and this trick worked wonders...about 4k wood/thatch +metal/fiber later....

Raise anchor, fully open the sails, assign NPC to steering wheel...click E for auto-pilot (on the wheel) and then make sure you are facing whatever direction is the way out...then select "go the direction I'm facing."