Sign in to follow this  
Nari

Taming and Breeding restrictions

If I can tame it I should be able to breed it. Period.

What is the point of locking apex & utility breeding like wolves, lions, penguins (I'm sure there's more) yet all companions are breedable. Why? On top of this you add suitable biome restrictions to an already limited and quite useless roster. Babysitting and pure breds takes a lot of commitment and time why would I dedicate so much effort to Cows? I milked our heard once after the 2x patch and we still have milk. Meanwhile a pack 7 strong gets wrecked attacking a wounded low lvl alpha... We wouldn't need to resort to fire arrows and explosions if tames were useful. That's not to mention harvest tames and their lack of value compared to quality tools. I understand that this is not ARK and it's not about the tames but you chose to carry these mechanics over.

I enjoy min/max breeding and simply wish it was worth the effort.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Nari said:

If I can tame it I should be able to breed it. Period.

What is the point of locking apex & utility breeding like wolves, lions, penguins (I'm sure there's more) yet all companions are breedable. Why? On top of this you add suitable biome restrictions to an already limited and quite useless roster. Babysitting and pure breds takes a lot of commitment and time why would I dedicate so much effort to Cows? I milked our heard once after the 2x patch and we still have milk. Meanwhile a pack 7 strong gets wrecked attacking a wounded low lvl alpha... We wouldn't need to resort to fire arrows and explosions if tames were useful. That's not to mention harvest tames and their lack of value compared to quality tools. I understand that this is not ARK and it's not about the tames but you chose to carry these mechanics over.

I enjoy min/max breeding and simply wish it was worth the effort.

^  This 100%

The lack of a thatch harvester actually working better than a tool is incredibly sad.  The elephant has put in some good work on wood and the bear on fiber tho if it's any consultation lol.  Also like you said, taking the tames out when they just get wrecked by the hordes of crap running around and alphas, makes it even worse.  Tames have almost gotten to the point of  pointless now..

• Thanks 2

I have taming up to tier 3 but won't bother to tame anything until doing so is worth the effort. You'd think it would be better to respec and spend all those points elsewhere, but the other skill trees aren't worth it either. Cooking, Farming, Melee, Armour, all useless. I have flintlock pistols for the fun of it but Fire Arrows are better, so there's no point in putting more points into that skill either.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Coggage said:

I have taming up to tier 3 but won't bother to tame anything until doing so is worth the effort. You'd think it would be better to respec and spend all those points elsewhere, but the other skill trees aren't worth it either. Cooking, Farming, Melee, Armour, all useless. I have flintlock pistols for the fun of it but Fire Arrows are better, so there's no point in putting more points into that skill either.

Not just fire arrows, just arrows with all 3 dmg perks are better than flintlocks, that's so much better to stick 10 arrows that deal 75% of the dmg of a bullet than reloading for 10 seconds. We choose the 750% vs 100% + is sooo much cheaper.

• Like 1

Btw, if we are about taming here, what about taking a horse which is faster than anything in the game and just kitting the predators?, like just running a few meters, shooting an arrow and again and again? Also is there anything other than a horse that is faster than a wolf or lion?

21 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

Btw, if we are about taming here, what about taking a horse which is faster than anything in the game and just kitting the predators?, like just running a few meters, shooting an arrow and again and again? Also is there anything other than a horse that is faster than a wolf or lion?

The Ostrich

• Thanks 1