Sign in to follow this  
MagicPuncher

Ship Hull Painting

Was having a lot of fun painting my ship last night, but I was disappointed with how washed out/faded the color is on the hull. I think it looks beautiful on the gun port doors, I wish the whole hull could be just like that.

Screenshot 2019-01-14 12.55.03.jpg

• Like 1

Inconsistencies with the paint are everywhere. Use those same dyes on other structures they never match. Most of the paintable Textures/UV's don't even function right now. Like manually painting the lighthouse billboard or loading pictures to a canvas WTF. I'm hoping they rehaul the entire system from tattoos to native support for converting .jpg, .png, etc and normalize the color palette across the board.

It would be nice if it started vibrant and then over time, maybe a few weeks (if your ship even lasts that long hahaha) it could fade to be like this and then you have to repaint it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MagicPuncher said:

It would be nice if it started vibrant and then over time, maybe a few weeks (if your ship even lasts that long hahaha) it could fade to be like this and then you have to repaint it.

I'd  prefer this over aging (unrelated I know but the mechanic is essentially the same)

Edited by Nari