Sign in to follow this  
Negative Impact

PSA: PVE sink ship and racism C12

Can we get a blacklist, anti-cheat or simple report function against exploiters and hackers?

My issue is not a big one (at least since I saved the brig) but I don't see a coordinated anti-hacker thread either. There isn't an ingame report player function. I already submitted a support ticket but don't expect it to do much, so instead I'll post this here as a PSA to stay away from or don't logout in these guys sector. There's only 2 islands here so you can just avoid the whole region.

PVE EU C12. Players exploiting abuse to sink other companies ships in PvE.

These 3 french & portugese players and 2 companies tried to sink my brig by overloading it with more than 15000 in weight between 3 people while I was offline. I am trying to travel far from home base to get more of the map which is why I didn't return there, I was doing treasure maps and was too tired to finish the ones there so I went to bed.

When I got online I found these players ranting at me in a foreign language and then repeating "fuck n*****s" over mic, and they were trying to sink my anchored brig (PVE), so I left immediately.

Steam: Kar Ote, IGN: MorGamesTV TwitchGames [LA A-Team]
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1624720579

Steam: OneShoot, IGN: Mahori Baka [LA A-Team] 
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1624720717

Steam: miKa_portugais, IGN: portos portos [yoda les band]
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1624720808

This is my usual brigs weight so you can see how much they had to add to overload it enough to start sinking. 
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1624721194

Edited by Negative Impact
formatting

Thanks, I submitted one as well. I just want to raise awareness because maybe this exploit is more heavily abused than is realized. Not sure why it isn't fixed already though.

Reply to edit: Ok thanks good to know! Seriously though hope they can just patch this overweight exploit completely out.

Edited by Negative Impact
reply to edit

its being used everywhere since day one its been sinking ships.. But saddly you need more proof than the pictures you provided to do anything.

23 minutes ago, Pax said:

its being used everywhere since day one its been sinking ships.. But saddly you need more proof than the pictures you provided to do anything.

Heh, yeah... There should be freaking logs for admin to check, not "proof" by players. Any proof by player can be forged, while logs on the server can not. Player should just jump start the process, by saying this and this happen on this hour in this server. And gm just go, look at logs, see actions players did and decide ban/not ban.  
For example log when player weight > 10000. You have so much weight?! You are exploiting something. Ban. 

Simple and quick and will weed out a lot of griefers. 

Wow, I am actually based on this square. I know some players have had a few run ins with the LA A-Team. They really went all out claiming at a stage too, some people spent hours just contesting their own flags. I normally park and lower with dinghy though, so try to make it as hard as possible for people to board your ship.

49 minutes ago, Negative Impact said:

Thanks, I submitted one as well. I just want to raise awareness because maybe this exploit is more heavily abused than is realized. Not sure why it isn't fixed already though.

Reply to edit: Ok thanks good to know! Seriously though hope they can just patch this overweight exploit completely out.

It is heavily abused on PVE. I seen it multiple times when a company named StrawHats sank multiple Schooners, Brigs and Sloops (including mine) that set anker in near proximity to them. After sinking them, they scavenge what they can ofcourse. They also did try to grief me. Killed me with a hammer when it still wasnt fixed, opened my pin locked doors and stole stuff from Smithy, tried to get into my base with agroing alpha animals (failed since the animals dont damage walls unless agroed on you) and tried to steal my flag (always failed 😄 ).  Now they pretty much gave up trying to troll me as I never gave them the reaction they desire. 

There are three advices I can give as someone with experience of being griefed by pathetic trolls.

- Move out from the island (last solution)

- Dont give in and never show them any reaction of anger. They feed on it and lose interest fast when they dont get the reactions they want. If they still continue, then report them and wait.

- Find a place on someones claim and build a "outpost". I know... Can end horribly, but believe me... There are also nice people out there!