Mrwartooth

how to level up high level tames?

so im having an issue at the moment i tammed a lvl 108 horse and a 118 bear so they came out over lvl 150 but they will not gain xp to lvl up at the moment. any idea on how to fix this? i tryed to force a max xp over ride through my server provider but that didnt seem to help out. when i tame a low lvl creature they get xp just fine but the high lvls do not

This might be an artifact left over from ARK, some sort of general level cap. Also possibly on purpose, because if the general formula for a lvl 100+ still holds to be Wildx2+30. you'd be looking at a max level tame of like.... 350 or something after affinity, which would just about wreck face of anything it ever came across.

Also... how did you tame it? With commands? Because we are finding that we actually CANT tame things on the PVE islands that are higher than about level 60 or so, through normal taming methods. We've been wondering if there's a cap on taming, or its an event island thing.

well i have the taming rates increased a bit not sure what their at but i could find out. and we just tamed them normaly with peppers and bolas