Sign in to follow this  
DukeBarbeson

Schooner disappeared?

Just curious. Playing on the PVE server, I parked my schooner off the coast of a claimed island  (N5),( not claimed by me nor allied with me ), I topped off all repairs, raised all ladders and the anchor was dropped. 7 hours later I logged back in and the ship is gone. What am I missing here ( beside the ship of course ), where did my ship go? Just wanting to know what game mechanic I am unaware of. Thanks.

Check if you can still see the ship icon on the map, even if sunk it should still show 🙂 Good luck

2 minutes ago, Grongash said:

Check if you can still see the ship icon on the map, even if sunk it should still show 🙂 Good luck

Nope, my original sloop is still where I parked it in a lawless region, but the schooner is not to be found, no map icon.

Oddly though when I logged in it didn't even give me the option to respawn back on my sloop's bed in the lawless region (L9)( which I have done a few times after dying accumulating resources for the schooner ), threw me back to a freeport.

1 hour ago, MaxPower said:

Check your company log to see if its been destroyed. Good chance someone sank it on you. 

Hadn't actually click on create company yet so no log, just created one and my sloop was detected and added. 

But is sinking an anchored ship part of the gameplay or a bug/glitch/exploit/etc.? 

If part of the game then it doesn't really follow typical  PVE rules. Alot of time and resources went into building a schooner solo, not really sure I want to go through that again. I heard folks will load up a ship with enough weight or people to sink them but I thought raising my ladder would prevent them from boarding to do that trick.

38 minutes ago, DukeBarbeson said:

Hadn't actually click on create company yet so no log, just created one and my sloop was detected and added. 

But is sinking an anchored ship part of the gameplay or a bug/glitch/exploit/etc.? 

If part of the game then it doesn't really follow typical  PVE rules. Alot of time and resources went into building a schooner solo, not really sure I want to go through that again. I heard folks will load up a ship with enough weight or people to sink them but I thought raising my ladder would prevent them from boarding to do that trick. 

Its an exploit. The devs are aware of it but taking their sweet time fixing it for some reason. Their last official word on the topic was "Just be nice to each other", which aside from being tone def, isn't working at all. 

Now its possible something else happened to your ship but there are plenty of ways to get on your ship even if your ladders are up. My advice is to not build or launch anything beyond a Sloop (people don't seem to bother sinking them) until this is fixed.