Lucky_Rabbit

Propose buying ships

Hi, now gameplay is flagging islands and building base anf ships. Most of time you are gathering resources. This supposed to be a pirate game, not farmville or reallife tax simulator.

Instead if you could use coins to buy ships in freeports. Then upgrading ships maybe resources or coins.

Now you could just go and exploring things even when just started playing game. Picking crap or finding a treasures.

Then went to back freeport and buy a new ship

This needed bank too, where you can save your money if your ship sunk.

Then maybe some day when you grew old and want to retire you could rent a piece of land and start fishing and farming.

What  you think?

• Like 1

Sounds you want a game for lazy people or some kind of super easy mode. I guess this could be a thing for unofficial servers with their 100x rates and so forth.

Not a lazymode or supereasy mod. I want explore islands and load my ship food and other stuff and live on sea.

Now when my ship sunk i have to find island and build base and ship it is too much work and remainds game named rust.

I thought pirates live on sea not island. Sea which covers almost entire map. Now game is just flagging and building ships and base. Its called boring.

You have to magically transform your bed on island so nobody cannot take your claiming. This is game right now. Exploring islands fully builded houses and shipyards.

Survival theme doesnt mean you have to build base. It contains food weather and some more things that affects your character. Your home could be on boat, but then this needs bank and option to buy ships.

Edited by Lucky_Rabbit

Not sure if it’s possible in game, but being able to buy a ship from other players should be a thing. If you sink your boat and effectively have to start over, you could build a raft or sloop in a Freeport to enable travelling to find another ship for sale.  I’m sure they wouldn’t be cheap to buy, which might be an issue for someone who just sunk their ship, but if they did let you buy from an NPC, I would hope they weren’t really cheap either.

Maybe the ability to bank coins at a Freeport could be a thing, but I doubt any respected pirate would trust his gold to a bank 😂

1 hour ago, KeyenDF said:

Maybe the ability to bank coins at a Freeport could be a thing, but I doubt any respected pirate would trust his gold to a bank 😂

Maybe so, but now they have made pirates who live on land and pay taxes like good peasants do. Not a pirate life i wanted :classic_blink:

I enjoy building boats/ships. I would love the ability to list ships for sale, or for the ability to transfer ownership from one company to another.

• Like 1

Yes makes ships tradeable. We wanted to sell our old Brig to a friend who started, we ended up taking the brig over to his claim so he could put a claim flag on it. Was into its final hours when some twat thought he was stealing it and decided to claim it for his own cancelling our own trade.

I understand that the unclaim thing it tricky when the boat is manned by crew so make it so unmanned ships can be unclaimed.