Sign in to follow this  
gadefence

Allow ships to moore to docks.

Ships should be allowed to moore to dock points on foundations so that you can more easily load/unload cargo then just plopping in the bay.

Right now you can only drop anchors, which can be annoying.

Edited by gadefence
  • Like 2

I built a small dock, I can get my Sloop right up to it, but anything bigger I put a dingy dock on it and launch the dinghy to get to it. 

For a sailing game, some things are really conspicuous by their absence. Gang planks for boarding and loading; bollards, mooring to a pier or buoy, planks to walk, peg leg and hook costumes... I appreciate that this is early access but they really dropped the ball on some fundamental parts of the genre that should've been in since the keel was laid.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, TrevorJD said:

For a sailing game, some things are really conspicuous by their absence. Gang planks for boarding and loading; bollards, mooring to a pier or buoy, planks to walk, peg leg and hook costumes... I appreciate that this is early access but they really dropped the ball on some fundamental parts of the genre that should've been in since the keel was laid.

There is a walkway that would work as a ‘plank to walk’ already in game. I believe it’s part of the wooden ceiling object.  I would be willing to bet that in time, the rest of those suggestions will be in game. I chalk it up to early access. Initially worried about getting the core game flushed out, but sprinkling in the nice to have skins and eye candy as they move forward.  

Your suggestions are all spot on.  Would love to see all these things. (I would add gravestones/graves to this list as well lol)