Sign in to follow this  
Nasibihc

Bola needs to be easier

Allow Bola throw under water and let us carry the entrapped animal back to land. Try to catch a horse when runs like an idiot to the water and is near impossible to catch. Either buff the Bola properties or make horses not run to the water or get back to land when they are at 20% health or lower.  That or remove the 20% health requirement for entrapping animals with bola and instead require more feeding to actually get it tamed. Another way would be to make horses limp when they are 20% so they can't run like maniacs so you'd actually have a chance to catch it. Either way this needs a change.

Edit: Or just give us a tranq gun, I don't really care. I just wanna tame animals and not run 6 hours after one horse.

Edited by Nasibihc
  • Like 1

The current taming method is animal abuse, not taming. From a moral standpoint it needs to be thrown out and reimagined.

Hand-thrown bolas wouldn't work underwater but you probably could devise a crossbola consisting of two harpoons with a rope between them. It would be really short range though, due to the viscosity of water.

I agree that Ark's tranq method is far superior. Certainly could combine the two. Tranq them, bind them (not with a stupid timer, that's illogical) and then wait for them to wake up and feed them at risk of getting hurt.

• Like 2

My problem with the bola's. They don't stack. Literally I have 50 in my inventory. Then another 400 arrows. 

Timer needs to be longer. How can I defend my in progress tame with only 1 min 30 seconds and feeding every 10-20 seconds.  If animals touch water. They pretty much drown. I agree with the dragging mechanic. I'd love to be able to make a taming raft since most territory is all claimed up in the game. Then I have rank 3 taming. I only get 2% per feeding....seriously? Why even waste the points in it. Haven't tested it for sure but i'm guessing that rank 2 or rank 1 will give me about 1% per feeding.

I'm ok with the bola. I'm not ok with having to repeatedly shoot my animal with arrows and re-bola it to tame it. 

Fine keep the arrows to get its health down. Bola it. 10 min timer. In which case I should have to re-bola the tame. Not fill it full of arrows and then rebola it. Taming tier 3 needs to be worth it. Give it 5% per feeding with preferred foods. 2% for next tier and 1% of food.

Then here comes the fun part. If you die while trying to tame an animal. You lose a ton of progress. This needs to be slowed down.

If on your own land, cary a few fence posts and walls.  While your first bola is active pen the creature in.  Then it can’t run away for the remainder of the tame. 

Overall, it sounds like they don’t want taming to be a primary focus in Atlas (based on Jat’s blog post) I don’t foresee taming getting any easier, or tamed creatures getting any stronger in the future if this is the course the devs are on. Personally I enjoy the challenge. It makes having the tame feel that much sweeter in the end.  

• Like 1

Should think of making traps mah dood. My tamers have different traps setup for different animals. Easiest way to get a horse is to have a lion. Have it snatch up the horse, bring to the trap and its an easy tame from there. Besides that the only really way to tame a horse is to find one stuck under a cliff or in the rocks.