Sign in to follow this  
Garrik

50 more lvl's?

So when they said they added 50 more lvls I was excited.  Patch came out and I went from 51 to 49.  Losing lvls wasn't a huge deal being it is early access.  So I grind alphas and get to 52 and now it says to advance you need to make more discoveries.   Fifty lvls from discoveries?

5 minutes ago, Garrik said:

So when they said they added 50 more lvls I was excited.  Patch came out and I went from 51 to 49.  Losing lvls wasn't a huge deal being it is early access.  So I grind alphas and get to 52 and now it says to advance you need to make more discoveries.   Fifty lvls from discoveries?

From what i remember you can get discovery point from whales hunting for example.

46 minutes ago, Elrood said:

From what i remember you can get discovery point from whales hunting for example.

I believe that's a one time deal per type of whale. The rest will come from sailing around to islands.

I believe they also reduced the number of discoveries needed to unlock the levels as well.  I had previously maxed to 52 by discovery points, with no travelling at all post patch I was able to max 53 by discovery points.  I'm not sure how many it is per level as I've done some travelling since then and had already been over the initial 47 to get to 52 but it seems like killing the 2 whales will at least net you a few extra levels.

6 minutes ago, Herasea said:

Is all the powerstone stuff part of this? elemental islands and stuff?

Personally I've only heard speculation and that apparently required a zerg army due to the level of creatures and aggressive nature of everything on the power stone islands.  It may grant extra levels but I've not seen any hard evidence or found a way to test on a private server.