Sign in to follow this  
Timelog

Ship boarding

Yar mateys, 

As a pirate I like to scout the seas looking for booty, both floating in the sea aswell as board ships from scoundrels and scallywags. The only problem is, I can't use grappling hooks to aid in boarding their ship and keeping it in place, as was common in the Age of Sail: "There were two chief techniques of boarding in the Age of Sail. One was to bring the two ships close enough to actually step from or leap from one's own gunwale to the enemy's deck. Grappling hooks and lines assisted in keeping the vessels side by side."

The idea is that you can throw grappling hooks to the enemy ship and lock it to your own ship to force the enemy ship in a side-by-side position. The enemy can attack the hooks to detach them, and the bigger the ship, the more grappling hooks are to be used before the ship is succesfully hooked.

• Like 2

Adding to this, it is really hard to get on your own ship at times, when chased by sharks and whatnot, the ladder on the side of the ship is hard to target, you need to be in a very small area to get the climb prompt.

• Like 2

i was under the impression you could grapple onto enemy ships in pvp and then just climb aboard. if you cant then thats just stupid. as for ladders on your own ship  you can use grapples on your own boat

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wakkytabbaky said:

as for ladders on your own ship  you can use grapples on your own boat

thanks, i will try this when i get a grappling hook:)