Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jack Shadow

Fix the ignorant taming system.

And try to make it done in manner that doesn't resemble animal abuse.

So, for giggles, I figured I would tame a level 42 wolf I spotted near my base.  Got it down in health, and bola'd it, and fed it until I had to bola it again.  This time, and the next 3 times, it's face was in the terrain, so I don't get the feed option.  So I keep moving to find the option, and every time, the wolf kills me.  3 more times having to bola it, and the same thing happens.  So I couldn't be bothered anymore, and killed it. 

Mods can't get here soon enough.

Edited by Captain Jack Shadow

You are only in your baby steps of hating taming. Dont bother taming untill the alphas are fixed. You cant leave the base with a tame or it will die because every 5th spawn of something is an alpha which will 1 shot your little pet

• Like 4

If somebody makes a mod to remove Alphas, I will start my own server, if that's what it takes to have it.  Other mod I want, is one that places the ferns everywhere so that fiber isn't in just a few small areas on the large Island I am on.

But what would be the best mod, is one that makes taming an animal, resemble something that would actually tame an animal.  I didn't think anything could be worse than ARK, but Grapeshot proved me wrong.  This taming system looks more like animal abuse, than taming.

1 hour ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

And try to make it done in manner that doesn't resemble animal abuse.

So, for giggles, I figured I would tame a level 42 wolf I spotted near my base.  Got it down in health, and bola'd it, and fed it until I had to bola it again.  This time, and the next 3 times, it's face was in the terrain, so I don't get the feed option.  So I keep moving to find the option, and every time, the wolf kills me.  3 more times having to bola it, and the same thing happens.  So I couldn't be bothered anymore, and killed it. 

Mods can't get here soon enough.

If only there was another way...