Sign in to follow this  
Nicklorion

Feature request: Towing ships with a grappling hook

Hi there, 

At this moment, (as far as i know) it's impossible to reverse park a ship into a constructed dock.

So it might be extremely usefull if you would be able to tow a ship with a grappling hook, pulling it back or to the side towards the dock.

What do you think?

Kind regards, Nick o7

2019-01-10 00_14_24-ATLAS.jpg

• Like 1

That could be pretty interesting, Though I could see there being a requirement for a certain number of people grappled to the ship depending on size to pull it.

2 minutes ago, Ector said:

That could be pretty interesting, Though I could see there being a requirement for a certain number of people grappled to the ship depending on size to pull it.

Whatever requirement there needs to be it's still very usefull I think.

I was also thinking about needing to build an anchor spot on the dock on which you have to tie down the grapple rope. Or something like that..

Edited by Nicklorion

1 minute ago, Nicklorion said:

Whatever requirement there would be it's still pretty usefull I think.

I was also thinking about needing to build an anchor spot on the dock on which you have to tie down the grapple rope. Or something like that..

I like that, especially if it provided the same result as being anchored, the water gets deep extremely fast and some of the smaller ships have to get pretty close to land to anchor.

1 minute ago, Ector said:

I like that, especially if it provided the same result as being anchored, the water gets deep extremely fast and some of the smaller ships have to get pretty close to land to anchor.

Yeah thats my reasoning behind it aswell. 🙂

• Like 1

reverse is sails down and press s, its pretty slow but I do it for mass unloading at the dock.

also pressing w while sails are unmanned will do a slow crawl forward that doesn't do much damage if you hit land. Other than that its left and right as usual.

towing smaller craft with bigger craft would be nice though, particularly if they are going to remove the ability to sink rafts that people on pve put in your dry dock.

I wouldnt mind seeing this not only for ships, but being able to tow *anything* with the grappling hook. Like, say, if you kill a fish in the deep sea but have 4 sharks circling you so you cant jump in...

13 hours ago, YoBerg said:

I wouldnt mind seeing this not only for ships, but being able to tow *anything* with the grappling hook. Like, say, if you kill a fish in the deep sea but have 4 sharks circling you so you cant jump in...

for me just the ships, that doesn't impact the difficulty of the game at all.

Ballista with a special crafted grappling hook shot.

Perhaps requiring 2-3 grapple shots(so 2-3 Ballista) into the ship to successfully be anchored to each other. 

This could have multiple uses: 1-Towing ships 2-Hooking enemy ships and pulling them in for boarding or close combat 3-Grappling land where perhaps its too deep to anchor(to avoid ships of the damned that may wonder close while you are just parked exploring) 4-Grappling a Whale for whatever reason you might want to grapple a whale for!

I am all for the idea of being able to grapple to ships for parley or just for towing reasons, More piratey actions!

Edited by Keety