Sign in to follow this  
ExplodingYeti

How to fill waterskin from spout?

I know it's a stupid question and i'm probably dump for not being able to figure it out, but for the life of me i can't manage to do it, tried everything.

I had to hold E to select "Access Inventory" on the water spout. Drag the water jug/skin to the inventory slot and let it fill that way. Drag it back off once it's full.

I was so happy to read about this change in the patch notes and assumed that they will allow us to fill the jugs from dug up water spouts (as they are called in game).

I imagined that we will be able to go dig up the water, fill a jug or two, bring it to the water reservoir fill it up and have some reprieve from complete dryness in the desert for farming purposes.

But I guess they were referring to the water spouts that are a part of irrigation system. Which is a shame, still no good way to farm in the desert. 

/cry

Edited by Graylance Ravenwind

That's exactly what you can do.

After you dig up the water, get close to it and hold down "E" to bring up the menu, and select "Access Inventory"

The dug up water spout should have an inventory slot of 1, that's where you put the water skin and jug.

16 minutes ago, Deathwish said:

That's exactly what you can do.

After you dig up the water, get close to it and hold down "E" to bring up the menu, and select "Access Inventory"

The dug up water spout should have an inventory slot of 1, that's where you put the water skin and jug.

This is one area where Conan Exiles has a more intuitive method, in that game you simply have the container/waterskin/whatever in your toolbar, you look at what you want to fill it from when you are next to it and press the number on the toolbar and that fills the container. The Atlas method is very clunky. 

On NA PVE sever we too are unable to access the inventory.  I suspect it has to do with the change they made to items with an inventory.  I notice that waterspouts come up owned by Company number 0.  I suspect that they're 'locked' by default as was done to all other PVE storage items in the game and thus we can't access them while PVP servers didn't get this so they can easily use it.  Hopefully it just this and an easy fix for the Dev's:

- Autolock all structures in 'PvE only' with an inventory, except campfires and similar structures which can be placed without a claimflag. Unofficial Servers can run this with PvE enabled & ?ForceAllStructureLocking=true

Thanks guys, i tried to hold e and only the drink option appeared, probably because the water skin was in an other slot than slot 1...  I'll try later when i log back in.

Well I tried and it doesn't work one more bug to add to the list i guess as it seam to work for some but not others.

Edited by ExplodingYeti