Sign in to follow this  
WayneKinne

Do the math, follow the money, why Atlas chases players away IMO

It is always about money, no company will continue a none profitable project, lets do the math:

40,000 per server x 4 servers ( 2 PVP and 2 PVE ) = 160,000 players

160,000 players x $30 each = $4,800,000

4.8 million dollars is not even close to enough to cover costs and profits, not even close. Remember $30 gets you this game for life, no more revenue.

OK so some will say each zone of the game is a server, A to O x 15 = 15 x 15 = 225 "servers", but for this to work each zone would to house 40,000 players, get real, 150 is too many, can you imagine 40,000 players in f7 or any other zone? LOL

So do they care they are chasing people to the delete key? No, they need paid customers to quit to make room for new subscriptions.

This is of course just IMO.

I hope I'm wrong, I love this game. I have been playing since day one and have faced all the same problems as everyone else, I hope I am wrong and they will make this game better, not worse.

The only way I see for them to fix this is to add more servers, starting with one for PVP and one for PVE for China, maybe even two for them. And then force all China players to move to those new servers.

To me it seems like a simple fix, but I am no internet, mmo game guru.

7 minutes ago, WayneKinne said:

The only way I see for them to fix this is to add more servers, starting with one for PVP and one for PVE for China, maybe even two for them. And then force all China players to move to those new servers.

Imho it will not happen without some kind of subscription fee. I highly doubt it would be economically viable without sustaining income. Or we will get micro transactions. Either way there will be some ongoing revenue stream sooner rather than later. 
I actually hope they will go with subscription vs with warframe model cause imho is more fair in current game. Well, we will see. 

12 minutes ago, WayneKinne said:

Asia should certainly have it's own region server. It's very early in earlyaccess mind, I understand why it is like it is for the time being.

Edited by Not Happy

I dont think the game sold more than 75K copies. Most people on Steam already knew what ARK and Wildcard were. Those that did take a leap of faith I am sure refunded before their 2 hrs were up due to all the issues over the first couple day.

They havent broke 40K players over the past two days (I dont care if they were weeknights or not). I would say they wouldnt break 35K tonight but the patch dropped so I am sure a few will log in to check it out.

Streamers ironically keeping the numbers up while also simultaneously ruining the game. Once they get bored (they already are actually) and go on to whatever new game they go to all the people left (many have also left their crews or stopped logging in) the numbers will tumble even more.

If China wasnt on the NA server the populations would be half of what it already is.

Edited by rodarin