Sign in to follow this  
BotoCollin

Selective Mute feature needed?

"Any chance there will be a mute or report system... Some of these racist and homophobic and more than sailor talk swears are defiantly bring down the mood." 

This was a post i made to the discord server and for the most part people really were not happy that i ever brought this up. They called and @ me saying i was whining about sailor talk in a sailor game. 

Making this post to see what other people out here think. 

This is a bit different for me. Hi i'm BotoCollin a Twitch streamer not big nor small but with high hopes. I find with the amount of slurs and racism  happening in this game ATM (or at least on my island) is almost a real turn off for me streaming this game.  I was wondering how and if they were even planning on making an individual mute system? Someone on disc said,

"just hide the chat with something"

Although i guess that'd work for a half solution. Not only do I still have to deal with reading it, but also it doesnt fix people running up to be and saying slurs and really rude things on comms which i keep open for some m8's on the island. be a friendly neighbor and all that.

I understand a report system would be hard with the size of grapeshot. what about filters or things for racist/too bold slurs? '

Just here to raise the question and see what you guys think? 

Thanks Crew and happy Sailing!

• Like 2

Mute/Ignore and "profanity filter" should be in any multiplayer online game. Hopefully will be implemented later.

• Like 2

I would like to see the claim announcements either removed by option, or just very small somewhere in a corner. The whole time I'm playing all I'm seeing is claim flags being contested and what not. 

If we're going to mute stuff anyway.

Edited by Percieval