eS Netmad

Dedicated Server - Disable unlimited Respec

Hello,

Someone know how to disable unlimited Respec ? On my dedicated Cluster, people respec everytime so it kill the "collaboration" part of the game because alone you can do everything and you can have all the skill. If someone know how to do that, or put a "price", or craft a specific stuff it could be really cool.

THX FOR YOUR HELP.

I had to add unlimited repec to my server. It is not enabled by default.  Atlas has the same rule as ARK where you can respec once per level up. Once you hit max level and use that levels respec you are stuck with that character. If you did not add "bAllowUnlimitedRespec=True" to your servers ini file then it should only allow one repec per level. Search the ini file for "bAllowUnlimitedRespec=True" if there change to either False or delete the line save change and restart the server.

Edited by bizniach

On 1/5/2019 at 9:30 AM, bizniach said:

I had to add unlimited repec to my server. It is not enabled by default.  Atlas has the same rule as ARK where you can respec once per level up. Once you hit max level and use that levels respec you are stuck with that character. If you did not add "bAllowUnlimitedRespec=True" to your servers ini file then it should only allow one repec per level. Search the ini file for "bAllowUnlimitedRespec=True" if there change to either False or delete the line save change and restart the server.

I'm looking at adding it to my private server. What server ini file do you add it to? I added it to the server's game.ini and it didn't seem to work. To make sure, I leveled again to clear the previous respec flag.

• Like 1

i think what the op is talking about is the button on the player inventory GUI that lets you respec once per level.. on ARK the "bAllowUnlimitedRespec=false" made it so you could only respec once per level with the mind wipes.

Yeah it's the same concept. Except for Mindwipe potions, it's a GUI icon. It defaults to "false" because there isn't an entry in any of the server ini files for it. Personally, I'm trying to figure out what ini file it goes into so you can do it anytime you want rather than once per level. It seems that the OP wants to get rid of the respec option entirely.

I figured out what I wanted to do to add Unlimited Respecs. For anyone that's interested:

/ShooterGame/Saved/server(mine changed to my secret key with the grid at the end on Nitrado)/Config/WindowsServer/Game.ini

Under [/Script/ShooterGame.ShooterGameMode] put:

bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=True

You have to do that for the game.ini for each server in the cluster. (In my case, it was 3 total. 1 Main, 2 Expansions.)

Bizniatch up above missed the "s" at the end of Respecs and it definitely doesn't work that way.

As for the OP's question, I couldn't say. If I had to hazard a guess, "bAllowRespecs=False" might be the ticket. The easy test would be to throw that into the game.ini files and fire the server up. If it works, it might let you respec once more but not again after a level. I'm spit-balling here so I have ZERO idea if that would even work or if it's the correct bit to put in. Can't see how it would hurt to give it a try though, but don't blame me if it breaks your server.