Sign in to follow this  
zMizouz

Too Much Ram 1x1 Map :(

Hello everyone in the forum, the server with limited capacity of 16.0GB RAM, Running 1x1 Map, Is There Any Way To Free Up RAM Capacity? Sincerely thank! 🙂

6 minutes ago, micah68ph said:

16GB RAM should be fine for 1x1.  Most people are suggesting 4GB minimum.

I want 16gb ram with 2x2 area 😞

I actually run a 2x2 grid on my home PC, it has 32gb of ram and i7 5930k. I notice it does eat tons of ram at first boot but as I boot up Atlas on the same PC, windows Memory Management kicks in and it reduces the Ram Use per server from 4-7gb down to like 0.5-2gb per server. It runs great and I am happy I got it working for a few friends to play with 🙂

• Like 1

I have a 2x3 Grid and my Mainserver use 4 till 5 GB RAM and the other Grids use round about 3 GB RAM .

So i use 21GB RAM at the moment

Edited by Jordiii

Your ram usage will depend on content of each server. if you have 1 island per region with vanilla rates and no established player base with structures/ships, then ram usage will be small (1-3 Gb). However, if you have a region with 16 islands, boosted harvest rates etc, and a busy 30 players online with established ships and basses, your server is going to use more like 9-14 Gb of ram, and probably 100% CPU. 

I've found the most influential thing on ram usage is the number of island instances in the region.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheSlayerNL said:

I actually run a 2x2 grid on my home PC, it has 32gb of ram and i7 5930k. I notice it does eat tons of ram at first boot but as I boot up Atlas on the same PC, windows Memory Management kicks in and it reduces the Ram Use per server from 4-7gb down to like 0.5-2gb per server. It runs great and I am happy I got it working for a few friends to play with 🙂

Yeah, I run a 3x3 with an 8700k and 32gb of ram and I am very happy with the results for my friends and I.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, NZScruffy said:

Your ram usage will depend on content of each server. if you have 1 island per region with vanilla rates and no established player base with structures/ships, then ram usage will be small (1-3 Gb). However, if you have a region with 16 islands, boosted harvest rates etc, and a busy 30 players online with established ships and basses, your server is going to use more like 9-14 Gb of ram, and probably 100% CPU. 

I've found the most influential thing on ram usage is the number of island instances in the region.

So the more 1x1 the island has, the more ram will be used. So if you run 2x2 without any island, how much ram will you use?

7 minutes ago, zMizouz said:

So the more 1x1 the island has, the more ram will be used. So if you run 2x2 without any island, how much ram will you use?

no. 1x1 refers to a map that is 1 region size = 1 server. a 2x2 refers to a map that is 4 regions size = 4 servers. Each of those servers will have a number if islands in it.

If you have no islands.. your game is going to be pretty pointless lol  you need to have at least 1 island to gather resources lol

There is no set answer on how much ram you will use, it depends on many things. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, NZScruffy said:

no. 1x1 refers to a map that is 1 region size = 1 server. a 2x2 refers to a map that is 4 regions size = 4 servers. Each of those servers will have a number if islands in it.

If you have no islands.. your game is going to be pretty pointless lol  you need to have at least 1 island to gather resources lol

There is no set answer on how much ram you will use, it depends on many things. 

If you run 2x2 without any island, just give it a try to see the amount of ram occupied by the sea.

3 hours ago, zMizouz said:

If you run 2x2 without any island, just give it a try to see the amount of ram occupied by the sea.

You could do this 😉

• Haha 1