Sucoon

bow nerf get out of hands

Hello,
our tribe home is on a very hard island. we have tons of canibores and the aktuell bow nerf make the game unplayable.
for examble i tried to go from main base to our taming house. on that way i had to kill 3 crocos, 6 giant snake, 3 lions, 5 wolfes.
i shoot round about 80 arrows and had to repair my bow 12 times.
i mean wtf?
its ok that you have to repair your bow but not at this rates.

5 minutes ago, Sucoon said:
Hello,
our tribe home is on a very hard island. we have tons of canibores and the aktuell bow nerf make the game unplayable.
for examble i tried to go from main base to our taming house. on that way i had to kill 3 crocos, 6 giant snake, 3 lions, 5 wolfes.
i mean wtf?

Untill stuff is balanced, rush smithy and then straight for flintlocks once will have enough points. The bow nerf is not that bad, the bad thing are predators.

1 hour ago, Sucoon said:
Hello,
i mean wtf?

This is over exaggerated. You shot 80 arrows you repaired 2 maybe 3 times either that or your repairing at half durability. I do agree it's a little to low at 40 shots per repair

Point is, you lose 1 durability per shot with 40 shots per bow. So you either shoot more than 80 arrows, or you repaired 2-3 times, exactly what hackjob mentioned. If you make a post where you complain about something get your numbers right and don't just wildly guess.

That said, yes bow durability and durability in general, is and always has been an utter mess. Same as farming, same as all the things where people would stop playing if there are no existing mods for the game. It is beyond me how an official company no matter if it's name is Wildcard, Grapeshot or whatever they wanna call themselves in the future can make such absolutely dumb and moronic decisions.

Is there no QA? Is there no one who actually plays their own game on the official servers? Respawn of hostile enemies is crazily over the top, durability forces you to repair after every few enemies or in case of gathering resources a few resource runs, and 70% of the game is currently spent on maintaining and repairing what you already have with barely any resources available.

Horrible game design. I don't wanna spend most of my time repairing and re-building ammo for what I already have. I wanna explore and make new stuff and have enough area available to explore. Not some island already filled 10 times beyond it's capacity with players where every resource available is already snatched by others.

Even for PvE this is horrible design, let alone for PvP. It didn't work for Albion Online and it doesn't work for Atlas. If you want a persistent world with such an abundancy of players, you need more room, simple and easy access to tools and weapons and no shenanigans like vitamins.

If they want PvP in their game, those tools and ships need to be easily accessible. No one wants to spend hours building something and then sink it in a single 5 minute PvP battle. Having higher durability on bows and tools and weapons in general will make things less tiresome, it won't make the weapon any better. A 500 durability with 1 shot durability loss per shot would be reasonable, seeing as you already have to take the time to make the darned arrows.

Same for tools, same for other weapons. As things stand now, it's a bother to make the tools, it's a bother to farm the arrows and it's a bother to repair the bow all the time. No one will want to do any PvP at this rate.

The real issue is that a regular bow is just a regular bow and not a journeyman, master mythic or legendary variant. As their higher grade weapons totally ruin that balance again because suddenly you shoot that croc not with 10 arrows but with perhaps 2, what they really need is a complete overhaul of their mess that they currently have in regards to weapons.

PvP and PvE goes totally different paths when it comes to equipment.

For PvP you want quick and easy access, no high amount of resources and low durability, because you want people to have an easy time to gear up get into battles, but you also don't want those legendary weapons to hold forever and make things one sided.

For PvE on the other hand you want slower access, a higher amount of resources and looking at the current amount of monster spawns high durability, because people don't lose those things in PvP fights, but they will be highly annoyed having to repair their weapons all the time due to monsters that are no challenge, but require a substantial amount of constant attention.

What we currently have is an approach where tools and weapons have high resource requirements, no easy access and low durability, making this an utter mess to play with, as you require way too much time to get into PvP, but at the same time, way too much effort for those tools to be really useable for PvE due to the low durability.

Edited by Rionsilver
Spelling
  • Like 1

At the current cost for the bow, and arrows, the dura should be 100 shots, with the armor piercing shot being taking costing 10 shots, or whatever the boost in damage equals, minus just a bit.  In other words, if the damage is equal to ten shots, then the dura loss should equal 9 shots.

Spec'ing into strong arm should reduce durability by ten percent, and the second strong arm skill should take an additional ten percent.  So 80 shots.  However, that skill should boost damage significantly more than it does now.  At this point, it seems to do little boost.

Since the last update, the durability and spoil times have been horribly altered!! The max durability of Tools, Guns, Armor.. Spoil timers of food , etc.. Bows are breaking after 10 shots. Anyone else having this issue?

Just now, Goldfish The Builder said:

Tame a wolf, and clear it easy!

Wolf wilt die as fast as seconds, sorry to break it but there's multiple predators spawning every 5 minutes, that wolf would not even regenerate health before more enemies would come.

• Like 1