Sign in to follow this  
Thor Ragnarock

Experience Disparity

So I have been spending most of my time gathering and crafting for my company. I am getting levels but I hear people talking about doing maps or killing alphas and getting a level or two from each one and surging through the levels. I am really not much for combat I prefer doing the support role but feel I am being punished for not doing the meta of maps and alphas to quickly level. Why doesn't crafting give XP and why does gathering give so little for so much effort? I don't necessarily think maps and alphas need to be drastically nerfed, maybe a bit but I also feel like I am doing a lot more effort for not as much reward.

• Like 1

Yes, in ARK there were a lot of ways to level besides killing alphas (and now also maps). I too wonder why the removed experience from almost every other thing in the game (there is some, but it is very small). In ARK at the early stages, I would level making hats. Now there really is nothing to level you except killing stuff including alphas in the early levels.

4 minutes ago, Thor Ragnarock said:

So I have been spending most of my time gathering and crafting for my company. I am getting levels but I hear people talking about doing maps or killing alphas and getting a level or two from each one and surging through the levels. I am really not much for combat I prefer doing the support role but feel I am being punished for not doing the meta of maps and alphas to quickly level. Why doesn't crafting give XP and why does gathering give so little for so much effort? I don't necessarily think maps and alphas need to be drastically nerfed, maybe a bit but I also feel like I am doing a lot more effort for not as much reward.

I was just talking to some folks about crafting xp being really low.  I think with the speed at which you get skillpoints and rewarding people spreading out their skillsets support efforts should get a bump to xp.

Anyone know if there is a server modifier for crafting XP?  I see a GenericXP and KillXP multiplier, but not crafting.