Sign in to follow this  
Paradigm

Any chance of a hybrid pvp / pve server type would ever be made?

I like the stability that PvE brings. But I also like the content and competitiveness that PvP brings. My ideal server type would be a server where you can kill players but cannot destroy structures or boats (that are in your claim). Do any large private servers like that exist? Just spitballing, bored on my lunch break. I'd love to be able to have a lot of activity and PvP when I'm playing but know that when I log off I won't come back to nothing.

Yes, there is a 3 x 4 private server like this. The way they did it is make 3 grids in one column all PVP. All of the rest of the grids are PVE. Of course to prevent griefing, they have rules against hit and run tactics.

This as an official server would be great, i would love it. Like in EVE or Empyrion safe islands where you can build your ships. If you want the good stuff and rare materials/blueprints you have to venture out into the mean dark evil PVP areas......

At the moment you have the choice between the PVE server, which is very boring and the PVP server, where the chinese give you instant naked auto teleport back to a freeport.

already exist, the A1 group made a 5x6 grid with 600+ islands, the Left half(15servers) PVE zone, the Right half (the other 15) PVP. Its complete with all the power stones and a server for the game boss.