Sign in to follow this  
Yemesis

Can you edit your current grid?

Can you edit the grid you're actually playing on? i mean  stopping the server , editing the map and then rebooting without loosing everything "meaning that you don't edit the island you've build on etc" ?

I have done that a couple of times, changed a few islands around our main one, as long as you don't touch the one youre on, or any you've built on as you said, its fine, or has been for me 🙂 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Enoka said:

I have done that a couple of times, changed a few islands around our main one, as long as you don't touch the one youre on, or any you've built on as you said, its fine, or has been for me 🙂 

Thanks , i guess i can now try to do it safely !

I've heard you can modify anything in your grid but may need to edit the redis database for certain changes (maybe like the ones where you already built or your body is located at).  I'm going to be trying some of those edits in the coming days and will post back if I run into issues.

I just edited my 1st map all i did was name the islands and it screwed up alot of stuff on the starter island , water over buildings , some resources will not gather as your hitting them , so no it is not wise to edit something you have built on ....

Think the safest bet is to not touch existing islands but adding new islands, discovery zones(how I give names to our islands), and weather/spawn/ship paths seems to be ok.

Make sure you lock all of your islands in the editor so you don’t accidentally move one when making discovery zones or adding ship paths.  Any adjustments to the premade islands should be done in the right hand side of the editor BEFORE you drag them over into the map.  It’s possible to edit existing islands via direct json editing but not recommended.

Edited by vdubmastertech

26 minutes ago, vdubmastertech said:

Think the safest bet is to not touch existing islands but adding new islands, discovery zones(how I give names to our islands), and weather/spawn/ship paths seems to be ok.

Make sure you lock all of your islands in the editor so you don’t accidentally move one when making discovery zones or adding ship paths.  Any adjustments to the premade islands should be done in the right hand side of the editor BEFORE you drag them over into the map.  It’s possible to edit existing islands via direct json editing but not recommended.

how do you edit weather spawns and stuff like that on islands or can you edit animal spawns too ? if so how please  lol

It’s mostly all done in the grid or island override entries.  

I’m just going to direct you to the place I’ve been getting the most info from.  It’s discord so you’ll have to do some searching in past replies but they have a short guides and download section with some collated info.

https://discord.gg/Nq72m3K

Search first and if you can’t find your answer then ask in one of the channels appropriate to your problem.